So, Juliette went to bed the eve of her birthday, eyes sparkling, incredibly excited about waking up as a 4 year old the next day. She went to bed with dreams of cakes and presents and candles and wishes.
Then as Andrew and I got up at 5.30am in the dark to leave for work at 6.30am, we couldn't wake the little munchkin up!
So, she had to wait until we got home after school at 3.30pm to open he presents! Poor thing!
But, as soon as we came home, her little eyes sparkled again,she asked us if she had grown taller, now she was a whole 4 years old, and then she ripped open her pressies with a vengeance!
At 4.30pm, our close friends came over for pizza and cake - the kids did their 'thang' on my musical instruments and put on numerous little performances for their parents as their parents tucked into the wine and beer!
I bought a plain chocolate cake and then Annalise and I decorated it with icing. Not bad really - I just did not have any time this week to make a cake.
Juliette's proper birthday party is on next Friday - the 28th - at MacDonald's! I have booked for 25 kids (here, the entire class gets invited to parties and the thought of having 20 3/4 years olds from her nursery class plus extra kiddie friends running madly about our house is a bit frightening, so we decided to go the easy option! It should be great fun as there is a climbing soft play area with a big tube slide and ball house to play in and as well MacDonald's providing music, games, party bags, happy meals and birthday cake all in for only 3 pounds per child. I thought it was excellent value!! So she has that to look forward to!
Friday, January 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment