Our second week was spent just relaxing at ‘home’, doing some shopping and Grandad arrived on the 10th July so the girls have spent much of their time running rings around him!
I went with AM and Pete to watch the opening night of a play entitled ‘The Herbal Bed’ by Peter Whelan, whilst Andrew and Grandad babysat the four kids. The play is based on the story of Shakespeare's daughter, Susanna, and her little fling in the herb garden with a local haberdasher, and what happens when a vindictive employee of the woman's husband gossips about it. The play was very slow, which made it rather painful in parts, but overall a beautiful production with some fine acting – I think it was probably slower as it was the opening night – as they get into the nights, I’m sure it will run quicker. The stage design included real herbs growing in pots all over the secondary acting stage, and Susanna would crush herbs and ointments together in a pestle and mortar which, added to the herbs in the garden, made the smell of the theatre absolutely delicious!
The Criterion Theatre is a great resource for the town of Earlsdon – AM & Pete are fully involved in the life of this gorgeous theatre and have met some wonderful friends through it. I would love to be part of something like it in a country I settle down in eventually.
I went with AM and Pete to watch the opening night of a play entitled ‘The Herbal Bed’ by Peter Whelan, whilst Andrew and Grandad babysat the four kids. The play is based on the story of Shakespeare's daughter, Susanna, and her little fling in the herb garden with a local haberdasher, and what happens when a vindictive employee of the woman's husband gossips about it. The play was very slow, which made it rather painful in parts, but overall a beautiful production with some fine acting – I think it was probably slower as it was the opening night – as they get into the nights, I’m sure it will run quicker. The stage design included real herbs growing in pots all over the secondary acting stage, and Susanna would crush herbs and ointments together in a pestle and mortar which, added to the herbs in the garden, made the smell of the theatre absolutely delicious!
The Criterion Theatre is a great resource for the town of Earlsdon – AM & Pete are fully involved in the life of this gorgeous theatre and have met some wonderful friends through it. I would love to be part of something like it in a country I settle down in eventually.

For our third week in the UK we decided to rent a car for a week so we could do a bit of sight-seeing and have a bit more freedom. On the Wednesday we visited Hatton Farm – a great, great, place to take children as it is a working farm, with fun fair amenities, and the children got to feed all the farmyard animals and pet guinea pigs and ride tractors and jump on trampolines and ride the fun fair rides! It wasn’t such a great day in terms of weather, but this meant that the farm wasn’t overly crowded so no waiting to do anything.
They had a ball on the tractor and the flying fox and we whizzed happily around on the teacups!!
The girls are absolutely enamored with guinea pigs and have begged to get one when we go to Bahrain. We might have to get them something…maybe a hamster?




No comments:
Post a Comment