Friday, October 16, 2009

We're All Fine!

Another earthquake hit tonight - only about 6.5 on the richter scale I think, but enough to shake us a bit at home. All four of us ran for the front doorway and braced ourselves through it.

The girls now know the earthquake drill - run under a table, hold onto the leg of it with one hand and with your head down, hold the back of your head with the other hand. They were a bit upset as when they tried to do this today, we made them come with us to the door instead....better to be together (I didn't even try to get under the coffee table which is where they were heading for!)

We are going to practice drills at home every so often, as we really have been having lots of quakes recently.

I do hope there isn't much damage from today's one...the poor people of Indonesia really can't take much more.

No comments: