Saturday, December 5, 2009

Voices in the Night.

OK. So....am I going a little bit mental? (No sarcastic comments about my previous mental state please!)
This has happened three times in the past month.

I'll be sleeping soundly, dreaming vividly and I can still remember the dreams, when my name is called very clearly and loudly in my ear - completely removed from the dream and makes me wake up suddenly, sitting up, looking towards where the voice has come from.

The first time it happened, it was a little disconcerting. I remember it vividly. I was awakened by someone - a woman - calling my name, right in my ear. 'Kathryn!'
I woke up, almost still feeling their breath in my ear. Annalise and Juliette were fast asleep on either side of me in their bed. Andrew was in the other room. I checked on the girls, checked on Andrew in the other room, and then I shook it off as I finally went back to bed and drifted off to sleep again.
However, a couple of hours later, the same thing happened again. I was woken to 'Kathryn' being said loudly, right in my ear. It felt a little weird, but the voice didn't sound scary, it felt more like they were just calling me directly. I brushed it off as some sort of dream perhaps, and thought no more about it.

However, it then happened again about two weeks ago - I woke up to another female voice saying 'Mum!' directly in my ear - of course, I thought maybe it was one of the girls calling me, but they were fast asleep still and the voice had been a woman's voice, not a child's. After checking the girls, I went back to sleep.

Last night was the latest occurrence and I sat up saying "What?" because I heard someone calling 'Mrs Beck!' in a loud voice, right in my ear. It felt and sounded as if the person who called me was in the same room. I didn't recognize the voice, as I have not the past two times, but each time, I recall how "clear" the voices have been. They haven't scared me as such, but I would just like to know why it has been happening.

I got up last night, wondering if it was a warning of some kind, so with my mobile phone light, I checked on the girls, checked on Andrew then I went downstairs into the living room and kitchen area - checked the doors and then checked the gas was off on the stove, then went back upstairs. There was nothing or no one that could have possibly called out my name in the house - and why I heard 'Mrs Beck' in the middle of a completely unrelated dream was strange.

And no, I hadn't been drinking!

Yes. Maybe I'm finally losing the plot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Time to stop with the class A drugs little sis xx