Friday, November 19, 2010

Christmas Is Here!

Yes - I know. I'm quick off the mark. Anyone who knows me well - and most of you who read this are those people, I LOVE and ADORE and am a HUGE kid at Christmas. So my tree is up. No apologies.
Carols are being played in my car, on my computer, on our home stereo, much to Andrew's delight (!!!) - at least one of us loves this season!! The kids are with me.

The photos don't do it justice at all. It's beautiful. In my complete unbiased opinion. And I'm feeling in the mood. For mulled wine, and mince pies (although, I only like the pastry, not the yucky gooey insides!), Christmas pudding (love the brandy and the custard and cream - that's about it really!)
Ever since the girls were born, (actallu, whilst they were in my tummy as well) I've bought an angel for each of them, representing my Mummy, who they know is 'up with the angels', and so the angel on the bottom right is one they each have for this year. They are truly beautiful glass and glittered angels from Debenhems. I love them.
Last year, in Jakarta, I had real difficulty finding angels, but my gorgeous friend, Zoe, in Amsterdam, sent through some absolutely gorgeous ceramic, hand-painted and sequined angels through the post so I was saved! They are actually my favourites. Truly beautiful.
Why angels and this tradition?
Apart from Mummy....My way of looking at it is that when ever they leave home, they can take an angel for each of the years that they spent with us at home, (hopefully at least 18 or so each), knowing Mummy was looking out for us, and put them on their own Christmas trees in their own homes.
I currently have 12 angels on my tree.
Annalise: 1) 2004 - pregnant, 2) 2005, 3) 2006, 4) 2007, 5) 2008, 6) 2009, 7) 2010
Juliette: 1) 2006 - pregnant, 2) 2007, 3) 2008, 4) 2009, 5) 2010

I also have homemade felt decorated Christmas trees with photos of them each, and the year printed on them, so they can take them with them also.
My tree will be very bare when they leave home!!
What an abysmal thought. Leaving home!!! I couldn't imagine life without them!
Merry Very Early Christmas Everyone!
May the spirit be with you - it's grabbed me!!! (Or is that the Whisky talking?!!)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: