Friday, November 19, 2010

Meet Pippin!


Ok. We got him free. Huge cage and all.
I am not so good with pets.
I would ideally like a house free of all things non-human.
But our girls have been nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging and nagging FOR A PET.
I am lucky they realise the cat situation. They have seen the results of my ever increasing allergies, so that is good.
A dog, we'd love, but how would we take care of it on holidays? Not fair to put it in kennels.

A girl in year 9 I teach in school put up an advert on the Dilmun club notice board for her 8 month old little 'Pippin' Syrian golden hamster - free to a good home with cages included, and so we succumbed.

We, the Beck Famille, are now proud (?) owners of a hamster. At the moment it lives in the laundry, but we bring it into the lounge room for kids to hand feed him and stroke him ( except for one moment when he escaped and ran out of the cage into our hallway - instead of panicking, I grabbed the camera and left Andrew to try to catch him! ) - I am still not good with him, I don't think I'll ever be really good with furry little things, but for the sake of the girls.....

So, we introduce our 5th member of the family....Pippin.,
Oh why aren't fish enough?
Only joking. Half.
He is rather cute.
But I'm not good with that whole furry, feel the bones thing.
Best leave it to Andrew and the girls.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: