The 'boys' at the club we went to last night to celebrate our friend Ashling's 40th birthday and another friend, Kim's birthday.
Was a fab night. The club, called 'Kicks' was at the Diva Hotel in Juffair and it was free ladies drinks all night which was an added bonus!
Andrew got progressively more and more sozzled throughout the night, compounded by the fact that he hadn't had any dinner!
Andrew took to the dance floor, believing he was some Fred Astaire - clearly not! - but he believed it, so who were we to tell him otherwise?! (even after a few sore toes on the female teachers due to him stamping on them by accident!)
The rest of us boogied on down throughout the night until at about 1:30am I got a phone call from Andrew - nowhere to be seen and sounding very confused and slurry - 'I'm on fire' was what I thought he said at first, until after numerous questions, I gathered he was in the foyer!
I took the elevator downstairs to find him in a crumpled heap on the foyer sofas, complaining that he thought he was going to be sick!! Oh God! So, rather than embarassing ourselves in the centre of Bahrain, thought it best that we got a taxi out of there asap!
Luckily, friends had rented a mini van and managed to squeeze us in - I sat on a parent's lap (I teach her daughter!) and we got home quickly without Andrew vomiting over us all! When we arrived back, he claimed that he'd lost his wallet so a good few phone calls and searching outside in the compound etc etc for quite a while with no success, we returned home with a frustrated, very wobbly Andrew. I then did what I should have done straight away - I told him to take his combat trousers off so I could rifle through all the pockets and lo and behold there it was! Stupid twit!
So, fell into bed soon after, Juliette and Annalise woke me up at 7am raring to go and Andrew and Grandad stayed in bed until lunchtime.
Nice for them!
Lots of fun!
Kerri, me, Julie and Nina.
Annalise and I just before we went out.
Wondering why she couldn't come too!


No comments:
Post a Comment