Friday, February 13, 2009

Annalise's Party


We had a wonderful day - I think she had a fantastic time - even though she had a little cry in the middle as someone won a 'Sleeping Beauty' necklace and she won a Cinderella one, but she wanted the Sleeping Beauty one.... yes. Such trauma!

We started the party at 3.30pm and then just danced and played games, ate lots of party food and cake and played with the girls' toys and then the kids were mostly all gone by about 7pm. Some of the staff who just came along for drinks drank us dry and left just before 10pm!
A good afternoon I reckon.
Andrew drank too much (as usual) and so was incredibly helpful...not. (!)

Above are some pics of her friends - there were 9 kids in all - two of her friends couldn't come as they both had horrible colds and conjunctivitis - hoping that Annalise won't get it, as she was playing with them yesterday!

Juliette was apparently in a little fight at school yesterday with her friend, Tyla. They both came home with scratches on their faces and a note from their teacher saying that they'd been in a fight and could we talk to her about it.....apparently it was over Juliette's juice bottle.
Great. My little two year old is now a proper terrible 'two'er.

Juliette is, pretty much out of nappies now, which is excellent! I'm really proud of her. She manages most of the day without one - she seems to be able to hold on till I can get her to a toilet and she is able to tell me when she needs to go which is great. She's had a couple of accidents at night though - she wakes up at around 5am and pees in the bed (not so nice when I'm sleeping next to her!) So, we're putting a nappy on her for bedtime (only we have to wait till she's asleep to put it on her and she doesn't think she needs it!)

She also seems to be weaning off afternoon sleeps - not so good though, as by 5pm she is exhausted, but if I let her go to sleep then, she wakes up at 9 or 10pm fresh and ready to start the day!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: