We had a great weekend, last weekend. Made up mostly of going to wonderful restaurants which is nice.
Friday night we went out with our friends Sam & Teresa to a gorgeous Japanese restaurant, then on Saturday, Andrew was gone from 7am to 5pm building houses with the Habitat For Humanity charity group - they help poverty stricken people build houses and other much needed resources (last time he went, he was helping to build a toilet block for a village of 150 people. Up to that point, there was not even one toilet between them all - they were just going out back to the rice paddies (nice...) and getting heaps of diseases. This time, he was actually building a house (well, the foundations of it). He and another staff member at schol, Caroline, took about 10 senior kids. I will try to upload some pics.
Whilst he was doing wonderful things for the community, I had fun with the girls - we went for a swim in our 'backyard' pool and then I took them to play at Jungle Safari in the mall and had burger king and icecream for lunch! Andrew arrived home just afdter 5, absolutely purple with sunburn (yes... no suncream), exhausted but feeling so elated and uplifted.
At 6pm, Andrew and I went out with all our friends down South to celebrate Ricky's 35th birthday in a very funky and swish restaurant that served Fusion Asian food (lots of yummy Vietnamese food which I love) and got home very late and feeling very merry!
Sunday was spent recovering!
Last night, we went over to Ricky & Janes for his real birthday and had a fab Indian takeout. The girls had great fun, although Juliette and their daughter, Tyla, managed to draw with oil pastels all over their lounge room carpet......oh dear.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment