Sunday, June 13, 2010

Waterbom


We had a whole school day out at a great water park in Jakarta - every single kid in the whole school and every staff member went. It was a great day out. The slides were fantastic - the one above was uber-scary and such FUN!!! I felt like a 10 year old again! I went on it four times with my colleagues - packed in like sardines and as we were all 'besar bule' (Large foreigners) we gathered much speed and our raft free fell some of the way down which was slightly disconcerting, but exhilarating!
I did get whip-lash though and knee'd in the nose so came away with some unfortunate injuries....but it was soooooooooooo worth it!
Even Andrew came on the slides - I couldn't believe it!
A great day out.

Packers come in tomorrow.
We are sooooooooo not ready. Think it'll be a late one.

Ooh - before I forget. Next installment of 'Funny Things Kids Say'...

Juliette, at bedtime one day last week asked: "Mummy, tomorrow can I please watch 'Sex & the Beanstorm?"

"What?!!" was my shocked reply....

I tried to think where on earth she might have heard something like that. My mind sunk deep down to thinking perhaps porn channels had been accessed whilst we were at school or something like that....

After much questioning, I worked out that she meant that she wanted to watch 'Jack & the Beanstalk'.

Now why did it take me so long to work that out! Her request was completely clear - right?"!

Phew!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: