Or making 'smores' as our US friends say...I think! Isn't that what 'smores' are? We went over to our friend's Annabel & David's for a BBQ on Friday, and the kids had an absolute ball with their friiends and the fire! Once the marshmallows had disappeared, the children all decided to be pyromaniacs and set fire to the ends of their kebab sticks - completely supervised of course by their parents who had consumed rather a lot of amber nectar and wine.... possibly the only reason we let them do it. Oh dear.... Twas a late night - I think we left well after the pumpkins became pumpkins again - but we had to wait for the gunshots and tear gas and sirens to die down...any excuse! Seriously though, our close friend's Emma and Stuart left about 11.30pm and as they were pulling into their driveway, the air was thick with tear gas, so I am glad we left later and didn't have to deal with that.
All is well here - super busy at work with the run up to GCSE's and A levels - have examination performances and coursework up to my ears and rehearsing late every day. Looking forward to our Easter holidays in a little over a week - we break up, I think, on Tuesday the 19th.
Daddy is braving the Bahrain fun and will be flying over on the 16th - fingers crossed things stay sane here for him! I'm sure they will - it's funny what we sort of get used to as being normal here now - even though, it is by no means 'normal'... But, life has to go on.
No comments:
Post a Comment