Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Churchill Island Heritage Farm

 

Okay! So this was one place we went to on a whim, seeing as we had a free pass with our Penguin tickets and I have to admit, as we all did, that it was the best part of our trip.  We spent the whole day here, attending all the show/displays etc they had and the girls chased, fed, patted numerous animals much to their absolute delight.  We were welcomed on this wonderful seafront farm by a peacock, proudly display in his plumage and then he sent the rest of the day, what seemed like, following us around.  Gorgeous.

The girls adored playing on this wagon.

Feeding the baby animals in the nursery, fresh parsley out of the farm kitchen garden.

How wonderful is this farm? ! Sea views, pituresque landscapes and gorgeous livestock!

We were taken around the farm in a wagon driven by Farmer Jess in her tractor.
 

Farmer Jess and Farmer Matt teaching us the tradiitonal Blacksmith trade skills.  The girls both bought an horseshoe each as a memento.

We were able to walk around the old homestead buildings - the National Trust has lended them furniture and they have set the main house and outer buildings / servant buildings etc up as they would have been in the 1830's.
 The girls both got to milk a cow- an amazing experience for them both.  Even Andrew did it!
 
And Andrew and I got to try ut our whip cracking skills - I was a complete failure...shame, but at least I know I havent got career aspirations in any bondage-style work!
Will try to post the photo of Andrew trying his hand at it, but it keeps failing....

Posted by Picasa

No comments: