We had a wonderful day.
The night before, Andrew with a little help, packaged up 16 bags of food (sugar, noodles, rice, tea, fruit) and also an education pack for each child at the little poverty stricken nursery near here (pens, pencils, crayons, paints, erasers, rulers, pencil case, coloring books, writing books etc). I bought chocolate cake and candy and packaged up little goody bags for the kids also as a little treat.
Whilst he was weighing rice etc, the girls and I baked Andrew a chocolate birthday cake with green frosting (for St Patrick's Day) and so Annalise decided we had to make it into a frog, which we did! It didn't turn out too bad.
He spent the morning delivering all the goodies to the orphanage. At my lunch time, I had organised for a giant St Patrick's cookie cake to be delivered to school and I went home and got the girls and we interrupted his grade 9 class by walking into the science lab, singing Happy Birthday and carrying the lit cookie cake. He handled it pretty well, considering he doesn't like public displays! The girls were so excited! I left them with him and his class and went for my lunch - the girls and his class had a ball!
In the evening we had friends, Robyn & Craig, and Ricky & Jane & Tyla over for dinner - Lasagna, salads galore and cake!!
They bought him a fantastic no oil needed electric popcorn maker that will sit happily on the bar!
The night was boozy and late and we all went to bed feeling very merry!
The next day I had, what I thought was the hangover from hell, but in fact, turned out to be three days of vomiting and diarrhea (nice) so I was pretty much good for nothing! Not sure what kind of bug I got, but a couple of friends have had similar illnesses of late so think I caught something yucky. Felt particularly bad as Andrew cancelled a big going out session on Thursday night as I was so ill - we had a table booked for 12 but will have to do it another time. Andrew was very sweet and wouldn't go without me. What a kind husband! (Maybe old age is turning him into a New Age Sensitive Guy.....I will let you know!)
No comments:
Post a Comment