Sunday, March 15, 2009

Catch Up


Been very slack in posting, I know. Life has been crazily busy these past few weeks. It's been report writing and the Upper School play, which finished yesterday. Yay! It went really well, but as always, completely takes over your life. Not sure how I really get myself involved in it all really - I'm supposed to be an average-Joe primary teacher, but just can't help getting involved in the Drama side of school!
The play 'Unwrapped' was a spoof comedy play about a Hollywood production company making a horror movie in Transylvania. Great fun, and some excellent comedy in it. It went really well, but I'm sooooooo glad it's over!
The last few weekends we've been relaxing at the school pool and going out to a couple of great restaurants down the south. Last weekend we went to the Crown Plaza hotel to a Middle Eastern restaurant - oh, my god, it was AMAZING! The food was gorgeous and there was a belly dancer and the restaurant staff took such great care of the kids that we felt like we were out with just adults as company - FANTASTIC!!!
Now we're just looking forward to Friday when from 11.30am, we are on holiday for a week! Yay! And Anne-marie and Pete and Vincent & Verity come and stay - YIPEEEE! Can't wait to see them.

Juliette threw a tantrum today (they've been a frequent companion to our family of late) and in the middle of it, Andrew says 'Oh give it up Juliette - you are annoying." and she replies, tears streaming down, face bright red and an ugly grimace pulled, screamed at the top of her lungs, "I'm not annoying! I'm beautiful!"
So that's us told.

Poor little Annalise has been quite sick the last three days with vomiting and diarrhea. We actually had to put her in a nappy today when we went to the shops, as in her words, "the water is coming out of my bottom again!" Poor thing. She's drinking loads though, so as long as she keeps that up, we're not overly worried yet. Hopefully she'll be better tomorrow.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: