Friday, March 27, 2009

Spa & Sushi

A really lovely day was had today!

I treated Anne-marie (as an early birthday present) to a wonderful morning at a local Spa here. Spa Kancana. http://spakancana.com/Home.asp If you visit the site, you can see some great pics of the place - it is lovely.

It is the same spa that Andrew bought a day package for me for my birthday back in November - all 7 hours of it!

The spa is truly beautiful. It is all kitted out in muted pale stone colours, with the sounds of trickling water from the many little water features placed around and ambient music gently playing over the sound system.


It is a bit of a rabbit warren of a place as after being welcomed with sweet ginger honey tea, and given special flip flops to wear, you are escorted to your private room, through a series of faux Roman style bridges and corridors, which for us, led us to a beautiful room, particuarly great as they gave us a 'couple's suite' with two massage beds, two jacuzzi baths etc.


After changing into batik sarongs we had our feet gently scrubbed and washed....totally decadent! I felt like I was some ancient Egyptian Queen having my feet washed for me! After that, it was 70 minutes of bliss whilst we were oiled and our flesh pummeled and stretched and slapped (!)


They really do massage every single bit of you - don't think I'll ever find having my bum massaged very relaxing - I just feel a bit (a lot) uncomfortable - like someone got the short straw and has now had to hold my big fat arse in their hands, squeezing something the size of Texas!


Anne-marie and I also had to ask specifically for them not to do a 'boob' massage as we are both breastfeeding - imagine the consequences - they'd have got far more than they bargained for if they put pressure on them.........squirt squirt squirt!

Okay. Sorry, I'll behave.


After that, (I still find having the centre underneath of my feet just under my arches, absolute agony to have pressure put on - anyone know what that means? Don't your feet link to another part of your body or something in reflexology?) The first time I had a leg and foot massage in Thailand, I had the same problem and thought I would have to end the treatment! Whatever it is, it's still the same!


After our amazing massages, we were led out into another room where we had glorious head washes, cream bath soaks and head, shoulders and arm massages. I LOVE having my hair washed and scrubbed and stroked and massaged. I think it is my favourite thing.


After two hours and a bit, we were done - feeling super relaxed, smelling of the different essential oils we'd chosen to have rubbed into us. We were given more of the amazing ginger tea and we were back into the world of busy Jakarta again!


We met the boys and our kiddies at Kelapa Gading Mall for some lunch, which turned out to be wonderful! We went to Sushi Groove - my, that place does good Japanese food. Then, we put the kids into Jungle Safari to play for an hour, Anne-marie & Verity went to Starbucks for a coffee, Pete stayed with the kids in the play place and Andrew and I went shopping to buy him some linen/cotton combat pants as he is taking his grade 10's away for a week in May and only has jeans which are FAR too hot for hiking and travelling through nature reserves etc.


The rest of the day slid by, and we spent the evening just relaxing at home.

A wonderful day out!

No comments: