Annalise had been feeling a little off the past few days, had a temperature on Wednesday, then slept really badly on Wednesday night, so I kept her home from school thinking she needed to just sleep it all off. But when I came back at first break to check on her, the whole right side of her face had swelled up like a balloon and she had a raging temperature again. I called the school nurse up to look at her and she said she either had mumps or an ear/throat infection and we needed to take her to hospital to get checked out.
The ENT specialist took a look at her and with some strange electronic machine, managed to record how much pressure was in her inner ear and showed us on what looked like a 'contractions graph' and it was off the charts - he says her inner ear is filled with fluid and her right tonsil is swollen and given her antibiotics and painkillers etc, saying it was just an inner ear and throat infection.
The strange thing though, is Annalise is in no pain - the puffyness doesn't hurt, and her throat, which is obviously swollen, does not hurt.
Yesterday, the other side of her face has started to puff out as well, but again, with no pain.
All the symptoms seem like mumps, (and I've been googling all her sympotoms!) but the Dr seemed to think not. I would have thought, with that much infection in an ear, she would be in excrutiating pain! hmmmmmm.
And now Juliette is sick.
aghhhhh!


No comments:
Post a Comment