Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Computer Issues

I am having major problems with my computer at the moment - any photo file, video, image, seems to be crashing the computer. And as soon as I open my Picasa photo storage file, which is the programme I use to make all my collages, the computer coughs and dies. Thus, the slackness of posting. I am writing this from my little HP notebook as the PC has crashed once again for the what must be the 15th time in 2 hours. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.
I have so much to update you on. But it's pretty boring without piccies! And I have some great photos to show!
Ok. So what have we been up to?
Andrew was gone for a week over in Cerita - visiting Krakatoa volcano with his Grade 9 and 10's and so I held the fort as a single Mummy for the week here at home. The girls and I ate out every night at Japanese and Chinese restaurants that Andrew won't usually go out to. Yum. We got our nails done and had girly make-up nights. It was wonderful!
I missed Andrew badly at night time though. Even with his farting and burping.! So did the girls. Juliette cried herself to sleep the first night he was away 'Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!' was all she'd cry, hiccuping and finally passing out.
Andrew has some beeeeeeautiful photos of the volcano and the crystal clear turquoise waters and white sand of the National park. Gorgeous. I wish I could have seen it.
The night Andrew came back, we both went out with friends for drinks at a really cool bar down in the south, followed by an Arabian meal. I have some nice shots of that. But it may be some time till I share them due to bloody comoputer crappy issues!
I have started a list of hilarious things the girls have said lately - I will post these if the photo issue lasts much longer!
We have booked flights now for summer - we go to Bali for 6 days from 17th June till 23rd and then we fly to Dubai for a 2 night stopover on the 25th June and arrive in Birmingham on the 27th. If anyone can recommend a cheapish but nice hotel in Dubai, we'd love to know. Things seem to have changed dramatically since we were last there in 2006.
Can't wait for summer. Very excited.
School is slightly tough at the moment. I think it always is when you know you're leaving and have so much stuff to organise, and also with the up and downs of the school's future this year, I think things are more tense than normal. I've been finding it a struggle to stay positive - and usually I'm so good at it. I think I am getting swept up into negativity of other staff members and I need to break free from it all: Step back, and choose to say nothing if I can't think of anything positive to say. Little things are niggling me and I know that they would not usually do so.
Maybe I'm just getting old and grumpy.
That's crap. I know that's not true.
I just need to get some sleep I think! Or eat more chocolate. Or go for a spa. Now, we're talking!
Will hopefully Post some photies soon.

No comments: