Friday, October 8, 2010

A Week In Pics

Last Friday, we were invited over for the afternoon and evening to our friends, Jamie & Rachel's house for swimming, playdates and dinner. They have two girls, Fern, who is in Annalise's class, and Flo, who is in Nursery like Juliette, although they are in different classes. What a great day and night. Jamie cooked a gorgoeus curry for us all and the girls got on like a house on fire. They raided the winter clothes cupboard and so gave us a fashion show, on scooters, which was rather amusing. A great day.


This week I've had Man flu. I'm sure it was that, as I felt like I was dying.....!
Andrew went and got me some fantastic drugs from the chemist, though, on Tuesday and after 20 mins of taking them, I felt like a human again. 4 hours later, as they'd worn off I was at Death's door again.
And so has been the story of my life the last few days. I am fine whilst on the drugs - but afterwards....yes, I am sounding like a drugee.
Today, Friday, I am feeling better. But it's been a long week.
On Wednesday night I dragged myself (well, Rachel, dragged me out) to a Year 1 Mum's night out at Trader Vics. Great cocktails. Mixed with the drugs was an interestuing experience. One beer and I felt completely pissed. Nice! I'm sure I made a big impact on all the other Mums - but I can't remember much...!
Yesterday, I had a Les Miserables rehearsal till 4.30pm, then we went to trhe Head of Music's house, Ken's, for a dinner party/playdate, along with the Head of Drama and his family.
A lovely night out, where we left far too late, but fun was had by all. nelow is a pic of the kids eating a yummy BBQ - we ate in shifts!
Ken is Scottish, and his wife is Irish - from County Kildare, Daddy - I promised to tell Bernadette where your family was from, but I couldn't remember, so email me!

We also bought, finally, a 42 inch flat plasma screen TV. We wanted an LCD, but it was too expensive for us this month, but this one was cheap and does the job nicely.




Below is a picture of my crazy year 7 form. Lovely kids, from a whole range of countries.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: