Saturday, December 11, 2010

A Moment with Santa

The girls are trying really hard to be very good, and as I do each year, the PNP video (portable North Pole) from Santa has been emailed to them and they've watched the 'real live' Santa speak to them personally about what they've done this year and shown photos etc of their year as well as calling them by name and showing them pics of what they asked for in their letter - the girls sat and watch them open mouthed, waving and answering him back - very cute.
PNP 2010: www.portablenorthpole.tv

However, Juliette said to me this afternoon:
"Mummy....you know I have to try to be very good or Santa won't bring me my bike?"
"Yes, so you have to try really hard....remember, he's counting on you to do your best and then he'll bring you your bike. But only if you're good. If you're naughty, he won't visit you this year and then you won't get your bike."
"Well, Mummy, I've been thinking about that. I will try to be nice, but if I am naughty, it doesn't really matter if Santa doesn't bring me my bike, because I'm lucky."
"Why are you lucky?"
"My birthday is just after Christmas, isn't it? So I'll get the bike for my birthday instead."
The absolute common-sense logic of a soon-to-be-four year old.
Oh bugger.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: