Sunday, December 5, 2010

Seeing Stars

So, Juliette's Christmas show is on Wednesday. I finished her costume - isn't she cute? Should I put tinsel on it as well? Or is she gorgeous and shimmery starry enough? Opinions would be good.
And our bar - it really looks lovely in the space. A great place to 'see stars' after a big session! With Christmas coming, I'm sure we'll be using it plenty! Andrew went out and bought this rug the other day for the bar area so that we could put the lovely orangey/red Arabian one back into the open hallway.
We love our home.
Coming home makes us smile - it's beautiful!
Les Miserables opening night tomorrow.
This weekend, we had rehearsals on Thursday from 9 - 5; Friday from 9 - 7; Saturday from 9 - 4; today from 9 - 4.
I am so ready for it to be finished!
This week, I will be at school till 3:30pm, have to be back at school at 5pm, and as the show lasts almost 3 hours without interval catered into that time, will not be home till well past 10pm each night for the next four nights.
I will definitely be seeing stars at the end of it all!
But the kids in the play are truly stars - there are some amazing actors and singers - the voices of some of the year 13 (18 years old) kids truly make your hairs stand on end. I have never actually known it in any of my teaching experience to date. One boy in particular, has an absolutely bloody gift from God voice - and a great personality and good looks to add to it. Everyone has fallen in love with him - girls and guys alike!
The play will be brilliant - we had our first rehearsal with our 29 piece orchestra yesterday. Mind blowing.
Puts my simple piano accompaniment to shame in previous productions. Mind you, from a US$500 budget last year, to a 12,000 pound budget this year, there's bound to be a difference in quality!!
Wish you could come see it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: