Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Weekend








What a great weekend! Saturday night we went to our friends house for a boozy family BBQ. Fantastic food, drink and company and we celebrated Andrew's birthday and our friends Sharon and Waynes' engagement. The girls were in their element with their little friends and as the hosts have a live-in-maid, we didn't have to worry too much about looking after them! Yes!

I made my first proper strawberry pavlova - had to have two go's on the meringue as I burnt the base of the first batch, but it, and I will brag about it as I was very proud, looked spectacular and tasted YUMMY!!!

I started the night on G&T's (think they were quite strong!) then we had champagne and then wine. Didn't realise I was so plastered until I woke up on Sunday morning with a head that felt like it had been sawn in two!

Easter Sunday morning began with the girls getting out of bed and racing in with Easter eggs in their hand - "He came! He came! The Easter Bunny actually came!" squealed Annalise!

Uggghhh! I felt like death but managed to get up and witness my two daughters stuffing their faces with chocolate for breakfast!!

After lunch we went to Wendell's German beer garden and bakery to meet up with a friend Robyn and her 1 year old son, Jacob, who were visiting from Shanghai. (They left last year but actually came into Taipei with us 5 years ago - it was great to see her and her little one.)

After that we came home, Andrew and I cooked a roast dinner together and then pretty soon afterwards, I crashed out, hangover not having got much better during the day!

The demon drink. Ughhhhhhh! Wish I could say I'll never drink again, but am currently supping on a glass of red.
This morning (Easter Monday) I took the girls to our 'Pram Club' Easter Party (Pram Club is a Mum and babies group my friends and I set up last year) where they rolled eggs, got their faces painted, made Easter bonnets and had a parade, decorated rabbit cookies and went on an Easter Egg treasure hunt. It was excellent fun. Then, as the day was so beautiful, we met Andrew for lunch at an Italian restaurant 'Diamond Tony's'. We sat outside basking in the sun and all went home stinking of garlic. Wonderful!!
Hurray for holidays!!

No comments: