Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Curry Night Out In Taipei




Just back from a really nice night out at 'Spice Shop' Indian restaurant as a last farewell to Tony & Aylin. Even Andrew ate there! Actually, I think my famille did pretty well on the curry front! The girls had a ball - no idea how Juliette's bottom will be tomorrow as she was downing spoonfuls of beef curry from Andrew's plate and, as a a true curry-lover, she dipped chunks of Naan bread into any sauces she could find and devoured them!! Annalise was less adventurous - sticking with poppodums, chickpea salad and plain rice, but still not bad!! Will have to try to persuade Andrew to put up with Indian food again! YUM!
Had a great day in total, actually. Spent the morning at the park with the girls and some friends, followed by a cheaper than cheap lunch at a local veggie restaurant here and then we went to Kindermusik class in the afternoon. Four of us mums with kids Annalise's age have decided to do our own Kindermusik classes this year as everyone is struggling for money, and we all wish we'd done it sooner!! I paid for lessons all of last year and do you know, this is the 6th week of our own kindermusik class and I reckon they're so much more fun!!
I have led the past two weeks and it's been great fun planning the hour long lessons, finding music and organising songs, dances, craft activities etc. I decided to do a Horse & Country & Western theme and so got the kids and their mums' line dancing and playing fiddles and learning about horses and how to make sounds, playing horse games and making hobby horses and puppets etc. Great fun! It makes me more confident about teaching primary next year!!
Feeling so sad about Tony & Aylin - let's hope great things lie in store for them in the near future.

No comments: