Well, we gathered all our (what seemed like 100's of different documents) for our new jobs - including, university transcripts of coursework - ?????) and sent it all off last week and it all seems like much more of a reality now. And then this next thing happened!
Every now and then, I go into our future school's website, http://www.njis.org/ just to read the newsletters, so I can get more of a feel about the kind of environment we're going to in August, and to remind myself really, that we do have an actual new adventure to look forward to - (I always have in the back of my mind, 'what if it's all a lie? What if something goes wrong with ....I don't know, really, but something...' ) - and then I open it up today and low and behold, in March the 14th's newletter, Andrew and I have been 'introduced' to the NJIS community as teachers and their 'beautiful' children who are arriving in August!
It's not completely right - I wasn't born in the UK and I didn't grow up in Dubia (!!) and my teaching degree is Drama with English and Music, but it's still pretty nice! Below is a copy of what was written, but you can view it at the above web page.
From the Head of School's Desk
Introducing New Teachers: It is my pleasure to introduce to you, Andrew and Kathryn Beck; two new teachers who will be joining the NJIS team next August. They are currently teaching at Taipei European School in Taiwan and will be bringing their two beautiful young children, Annalise (3) and Juliette (1), along for the adventure.
Andrew Beck is from Melbourne, Australia, and is currently teaching Upper School Biology at the Taipei European School. He has a Bachelor of Science Degree in Microbiology and Biochemistry from the University of Melbourne and he has experience teaching all levels of Upper School Science. Andrew has over twenty years of teaching experience and he believes that “teaching is an organic and dynamic process whereby an effective teacher is constantly learning, adapting, responding, and progressing. Andrew will be teaching Upper School Science at NJIS.
Kathryn Beck is a “third culture kid” who was born in the United Kingdom, but grew up in Dubia, UAE. She has a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Creative Arts from Manchester Metropolitan University in England and a PGCE in English and Music from University of Central England. She is also currently completing a diploma in Counseling. She has ten years of teaching experience in English, Drama, Music, and the homeroom setting. Kathryn describes herself as “a very caring and supportive teacher committed to providing a nurturing environment in which students are able to maximize their potential.” Kathryn will be teaching Grade 5.
We look forward to welcoming Andrew, Kathryn, and their lovely children into the NJIS family in August. Look for more updates on new teachers for the 2008-09 school year coming soon.
It has made me very excited, scared and reassured all at the same time! We're off to Jakarta!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment