So, I just can't help myself.
I volunteered to take the Lower School (primary years 2 - 5) Drama activity and today was our performance of 'Cinderella'.
I thought it'd be very low key, but the kids took it all so seriously and the parents all came to help with makeup and costumes and then the whole school came down to watch the show.
I spent most of my time this past week trying to gather props and design and make sets etc, once I realised what a big affair it was going to be! But I was sooo happy with the end result. The kids did a great job.
We have made use of my smoke machine in three events so far since we arrived - I wonder when a school will realise the value of a smoke machine and actually purchase one?!! I bought mine in Muscat in my first year there and it seems that everywhere I've been after that has never had one but wants one. Mine must get used dozens of times a year.
All these photos are just some snapshots the tech teacher took of the show today - I am missing my camera badly.
Annalise and Juliette went on a school trip today to a Science Planetarium. When we got home they were bouncing off the walls trying to tell us all about their 'adventures' in Space.
"We saw heaps of stars and rockets and planets" etc etc (whatever Annalise says, Juliette repeats - but she can't say her F's - instead she says 'S' so it's usually amusing hearing her talk about how her 'seet' hurt, or how she has an 'ouchy singer' or 'the sish are hungry' or 'I just sarted'...
Anyway! Once again I digress...
They both gave us wonderful demonstrations of how rockets whizz through space and Annalise explained to us how rocket ships have fire "coming out of their bottom holes" which was quite amusing.
Annalise then finished their recount by saying "the only sad thing was that we didn't see any aliens!"
"No aniens" says Juliette shaking her head with a faux sadness!
...I didn't even know they knew what aliens were!
Oh! Happy birthday, Fiona! Hope you have a wonderful, wonderful day.
xxxx
No comments:
Post a Comment