Have been so sick of Juliette pulling her nappy off and weeing and pooing anywhere she felt like it - including twice on our Persian rug (this girl has taste), we went out and bought her a potty that looks just like a toilet today.
She loves it and now sits and watches TV on it! Wish I could take a pic of her to share. (The camera is getting evaluated but I think we'll probably end up buying a new one next payday.)
Well, since bringing it home 4 hours ago, she's done two wees and a poo in it!
Just thought you'd like to know! (sorry for those of you who shudder at toilet talk!)
Not sure how she'll go during the school day though when we're not around - communication between our maids and us is tough - language being the main problem (!!) but we're going to try to get them to get her to use it whenever she needs it.
Toilet training was so easy with Annalise - she chose the potty, and every hour I asked her if she needed to go and sit on it and she just sort of toilet trained herself.
Annalise was 2 years and two months though. Juliette's a bit younger but is soooooo ready.
Have been busy report writing this weekend, including losing a whole set of science reports I spent two hours doing last night - I came back to the file today and it was GONE!! Wanted to cry my little heart out as they had been my most stressful to write in the first place. Andrew tried everything and found some link/ shortcut to them in the erase wizard on Nortons but no file to be opened as such. My computer did switch off this morning - the plug crackled and I pulled it out of the wall and the adaptor had fused so maybe something strange had happened to my work at the same time but .... Just gotta suck it up and redo them. Andrew has given me two whisky and sodas and I'm feeling better now!
Annalise has been sick all weekend - with some cough / cold thing. The last two nights I've been up with her rubbing menthol rub into her chest and back as she's had this real dog bark cough. I remember when I was young I used to suffer coughs like that - it was the one cough I knew Mum would say 'you're going to stay home today' to...not sure why really, but I know I always felt yuck when I had that cough.
When I was really young, mum would let me lie on the sofa and watch Fame episodes and feed me lemonade, cuddling up with me and tell me stories. When I was older, she'd still plunk me in front of the sofa to watch 'Fame', but she would have to go to work, so would ring every chance she had and then race home at the end of school to be with me.
Annalise has this Mandarin recitation homework to learn off by heart (some Chinese speech we have no idea what it means) and she's refused to do it. I have found myself writing an apology letter to her teacher explaining how 'ill' she's been and that she hasn't learned it because of her illness. In all honesty, she's just being stubborn (plus ill!)
Annalise doesn't like doing homework, unless it involves singing, dancing or colouring in.
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment