We were up at 4.30am to leave for the South on a bus at 5.30am. I dressed the girls whilst they were asleep and we just carried them down to the school car park to get the school bus down.
I'd signed up for the 5km cross country run and then I'd signed the girls up for the under 5's 100m run then Andrew and the girls did the 2.5km run Fun Run/Walk .
An early start -this was only 6am and it was sooooooo hot and bright, not to mention really humid - as you can see from the photos, the camera kept steaming up!
My race started at 6:30am. The school had a staff team running (not me originally) of 4 really ace runners. I was just doing it for the fun of it, but two of the staff had eaten the night before at an Arabian restaurant near us and got food poisoning so they were off the team and I was asked to fill in! Oh my God! Now that meant pressure!
I started really well and did the first 3km in 15 minutes, but then just got completely knackered. I spent the rest of the 2km doing 100 steps of running and 100 steps of walking. I wasn't the slowest but I did finish the last in our team. Obviously, 3km is my limit at the moment for jogging. At least that gives me something to start working and improving upon.
I could feel every bit of me wobbling - my bum, my belly, my boobs!! And I kept getting a stitch (how unfit am I?)! And then the hills were KILLERS!!!!
Anyway. Sam, my boss, did the 5km in 21 minutes, Robyn, another staff member came in at 28 minutes, Lee came in at 33 minutes and I came in just on 38 minutes. A terrible time seeing as I was doing so well at the start, but, amazingly, Sam's score must have outweighed mine and we ended up finishing second overall in the teachers team! So I came away with a medal!!
Yay for me!! Ha ha!
There are no photos of me racing, which is probably a good thing as I'm sure I looked like hell.
Straight after my race, it was the under 4's 100m dash and Juliette refused to go with Andrew so I had to run with her - as you can see from my purple face I was pretty shagged!! Juliette started running by herself but fell over so I ended up running carrying her.
Annalise is a great runner and I think she came in 2nd. Think she'll be very sporty as she grows. All the kiddies got a medal which was very cute.
Next, Andrew took the girls in the double pram for the 2.5km race. Annalise took turns running and then resting in the pram. Juliette fell asleep literally as soon as they started and stayed asleep till the end! They did the 2.5km with poor Andrew pushing the truck of the pram in 21 minutes which I thought was brilliant!
After we'd showered and changed we joined the other staff and their kids at the Ritz Carlton for a fandabulous brunch - all our good work at fitness was completely destroyed but it was sooooo worth it!
Today, all my bits that wobbled when I ran are aching!!
Got to invest in a sports bra and lose my jelly belly!!
Annalise broke our camera on the way home in the taxi - she forced the electronic extendable lens inside the camera and now it won't pop out. So, it could be a while before new photos are on the blog.
Oh, bugger. I'm going to feel like my left arm is gone - I go everywhere with a camera!
No comments:
Post a Comment