Saturday, November 1, 2008

Lazy Days

Happy 1st day of the month!

We have had a lovely lazy day today. We had to get up earlyish for the girls to go to ballet - both girls were awake by 8am, but at least we got a little lie in!



They had a great ballet lesson - Annalise is enjoying it heaps more now and Juliette does enjoy it too for the first 20mins then has enough of being told what to do so just hangs out at the back of the room doing her own wiggling and dancing to the music - think she's a bit young to have the concentration to dance properly for a full hour.

After that, Andrew was nursing a hangover so we all went to the mall for Burger King! (There's nothing better than burgers when you have a hangover...so they tell me!) Then, we put the girls into this Jungle Safari play place where you can leave the children to be looked after by the attendants for an hour at a time and so Andrew went shoe shopping and I went to the upmarket L'Oreal salon to get my hair washed and cut and blow dried - oh my goodness, it was heavenly! (and so cheap - this is a proper L'Oreal shop and the whole thing cost me the equivalent of 8 pounds!)
They really do hair washing and massaging so well here - they must have worked on massaging and washing my hair for a good 30 minutes before they cut it. Lovely. No big change, the hairdresser, camp as anything, layered it a little and took of all the dry hair and has persuaded me to go back tomorrow for some colouring - think I'm going to get it dyed a darker shade than my natural colour and then get different blonde highlights through it. Bit nervous, but heck, I ncan always dye it back to my normal shade. Sunny, the hairdresser was great and talked me through my hair and what would and would not suit me which was nice. I have been wondering whether to get some kind of fringe but he said 'Oooooh, no darling...you have curly hair...a big no no for you!"
The piccie below shows my hair a little bit - Juliette was snapping with the camera today - not a bad effort for a not even two year old! Oh and, ma famille, notice the T-shirt I'm wearing? Still going strong after 19 years!


Tomorrow morning, we are leaving with friends at 5.30am to go down to the South of Jakarta for a 'Race For Life' thing - a 5KM cross country run which I've signed up for (God knows why - think I'll do a lot of walking!) and then Andrew will take the girls on a 'fun' 2.5km walk/run followed by a 100m dash for the kiddies and then we're all going to have breakfast/brunch at 'The Ritz Carlton' hotel - YUM!!

I am really enjoying getting into the running scene but am so unfit - everything wobbles when I run. Not nice!! I'm taking it slow though, and hope that perhaps in three months time, my wobbles will be greatly reduced! Andrew is still doing well with his Tennis - he goes at least once a week for a couple of hours.

Juliette is sooooooo ready for toilet training. She has now resorted to using the lids of dustbins as potties - this is what we found this afternoon! She took the lid off the bin, sat down on it and did a wee!! Think we need to go and buy her a potty!
Annalise is fine - I caught her teaching a song to Juliette a few days ago....her favourite thing to watch at the moment is the 'Mamamia' film with Meryl Streep (God help us!) and she sings all the songs, except some of the lyrics are altered a little! These are the words she was teaching Juliette:
'Ooh, I've been broken hearted, blue since the day you farted'
I couldn't stop laughing - she really believes these are the words!
Juliette is also in with the Mamamia craze and keeps singing 'Honey Honey'!
No idea who they take after!

No comments: