Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!


A fantastic day was had by all, I reckon!

We couldn't get the girls to bed early the night before as they were too excited, but they made Easter cards for everyone and even one for the Easter bunny, as well as leaving him a glass of milk and a carrot. After I got them into bed at midnight (!!!), I set my alarm for 4am so I could creep down and put all the chocolate eggs and bunnies out. Yes. I was tired!

The girls woke up at 9am and raced down to see if the Easter Bunny had come and both of them devoured much chocolate for breakfast! Yum!

Daddy had brought proper British Cadbury's eggs over with him which was brilliant as it was impossible to find eggs here. Hurrah for Grandad!

Then, it was shower time for everyone as we'd booked into the Ritz Carlton hotel for the special Easter Sunday Free flow of wine & beer brunch! It was delicious and was extra great as they have a kids club where you can drop the kids off, they have their own little child-friendly buffet and all these games and activities are organised for them. There were egg hunts, collect the rabbits (real ones in hutches - thank god they didn't win any of them, as there were children going home with real live bunny rabbits as prizes!!) Tattoos, nail art, karaoke etc.


Our friends Teresa & Sam and Donella and Gun joined our table for the brunch and though they are not big drinkers, the Beck/Greene/Conway troup made up for it! I think at one point, Lauren had 6 glasses of champagne in front of her!!

There was a live jazz band which was quite good, and when the kids came and joined us after 3 hours or so, they boogied on down with the rest of them!

The food was sooooooo good. So much fresh seafood which I loved - the crab and lobsters and prawns and smoked salmon. There were oysters and mussels the size of oysters, but i found it difficult to try them after I looked too closely at the mussel....
Any one else think giant mussels resemble the female genitalia?!!
Especially when they are almost the same size!

The brunch is very good value, although the price is deceptive as it says $34 for the all inclusive food and drink but then they add in service and tax and it makes the cost go up to about $50 a head which is a bit naughty. But it was such a lovely day it was worth it.

That night, we were really not very good for much! I think we all sort of collapsed into bed without really having or needing dinner!

Plus, we had all the chocolate we got from the Bunny!

No comments: