Sunday, April 26, 2009
Mothers Day & Kartini Celebration
Yesterday, Annalise and Juliette's school had a family funfair and celebration for Mothers Day & Kartini Day.
Kartini is the name of the Indonesian woman's heroine - she founded the first school for girls and was a pioneer in equal rights for women in Indonesia.
Annalise had to dress up as a nurse and spoke on the microphone about why she wanted to be a nurse when she grew up. Juliette performed a song and dance with her class and then the whole school sang for us all. It was a lovely day, and the mums were given flowers by all the kids and we won prizes which was nice! The kids then got to have tattoos, nail art, caricatures, saw magic shows, science shows and enjoyed story telling. The school had organised it all really well.
We spent the rest of the day lazing around and then Andrew and I went out to the movies last night with friends, Jane & Ricky and Robyn & Craig. We saw 'The International' which was FANTASTIC!!!
Today, we're getting Andrew ready for his school Trip tomorrow. He is away for a week - eeeekk! I'll be a single mum for a week! Not looking forward to the prospect. Andrew and I have only really been apart whilst I was in hospital having Annalise and when he was ill 2 years ago in hospital for 10 days. I'm such a sook, but I hate being away from him.
I'm also very jealous, as he is going to the West Coast of Java which is white sand and turquoise sea and within a stones' throw of Krakatoa. I would love to see that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment