Saturday, November 21, 2009

Unclean!

Ding a ling 'unclean' .....ding a ling!
We have been a house of sickness since Tuesday.
Tuesday afternoon, Annalise started violently throwing up. This carried on through most of the night till Wednesday afternoon, when poor little Juliette started. Juliette spent a difficult Wednesday night throwing up what looked to amount to her body weight twice over, continuing off and on until yesterday, mixed in with diarrhea, poor thing.
Annalise had a good day on Thursday. But Thursday night, Andrew decided to get in on the action and, the poor guy, managed to paint the floors and walls and bed and toilet wonderful shades of colours. He stayed, of course, off school on Friday, still puking his heart out as I left at 6.45 am, feeling rather seedy myself but determined to get on with things....we couldn't all be sick!
I had to come home early from school as I had to run out of class twice to throw up in the toilets.
Then I slept. From 11am until 4pm. Non stop.
I think I was probably just overtired from 3 nights of hardly any sleep. And continuous changing of sheets, mopping down bodies, faces, heads, dettolling and disenfectanting floors, toilets, buckets, bowls...get the picture? Hellish!
The four of us were a sight for sore eyes yesterday - all of us cuddled up on the sofa together felling very sorry for ourselves. I, though, was nothing in comparison to Andrew and the girls though, so could still manage to fetch glasses of water and pocari sweat and clean up the various messes my little family made. Someone was obviously looking over us and thinking 'we have to keep one of them relatively mobile!'.
Last night, Annalise began throwing up again. And as I write, Juliette has been sitting on the toilet for 10 minutes saying she has water coming out of her bottom.
Andrew is still asleep.
Perhaps if things don't get better today, I'll take them all to the Dr.s. Annalise & Juliette haven't eaten properly since Tuesday.

We were supposed to be having a 'blast from the past' party at ours last night. Everyone had their costumes sorted and were going to bring a dish from their decade to share.
Obviously, it had to be cancelled.

Hopefully next post will be to say that we are all in great health and life has returned to normal!

No comments: