Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Land

We went down to Kemang (in the south of the city) and for the first time, in I don't know how long, we actually got to the duty free booze shops and they were open! Dum da dummmmmmm!

Usually, with our Kitas cards, we are allowed three bottles per day (Of anything. Wine or spirits. But as it can take an hour to get down South, it is rare we are down there when the booze shops are open, so cheap alcohol is like gold-dust, and three bottles lasts one nanosecond...I mean, not very long .)
But. Oh, My Goodness..... the lady took one look at us (maybe we looked desperate) and said - "if you don't need a receipt, and you pay in cash, fill up your trolley!"
So we did.
And it was wonderful!
I bought 3 cartons of 5 litres of Aussie red wine for 22 US dollars each carton.
And it is good!
Even for a carton!
Better, in fact, than the 36 dollar bottle of wine we've been paying all year for.
Then we stocked up our bar, in anticipation for our end of year party that we suddenly decided to give!
Something strange is going on.
And we're not complaining!
Would you?
I actually think the feeling is similar to that of a child in a candy store. I keep walking past our bar with a real sense of satisfaction. Ahhhhh. What a great feeling!
Does this make us alcoholics? hmmmm. Perhaps. I am sipping a glass of red as I type. Can you tell? :)

No comments: