Thursday, May 21, 2009

Proud (Kathryn) Mary


It was an Indonesian holiday today - Ascension day. A Christian celebration, but one that is a National holiday for Indonesia - they are soooooo good at celebrating all religions.

We had a student free, professional development day today. It was very interesting, actually. Even though it would have been nice to have a long weekend, it was good fun and I actually learned loads.

Andrew was also offered an admin position at school.
To share the Curriculum Coordinator post at school with the current one - she is lower school trained and they would like him to share the post so that he can take care of the Middle & High School curriculum seeing as it is moving forward at a rapid pace.
The Curriculum Coordinator is also my close friend here in Jakarta - Teresa - but I know it has nothing to do with that. Andrew has been instrumental in introducing IGCSE next year into the curriculum, bringing heaps of knowledge and previous experience into it, so it makes sense.
I'm very proud of him!
He hasn't said yes yet.
I'm trying not to bully him into saying 'yes', but I know he wants it! And needs it. For his sanity.
Ever since she spoke to him, I can see a little spring in his step I havent seen for a while.

He even played tennis tonight for two hours whilst I took the girls swimming.
We have friends coming over tonight to 'the bar' for drinkies.

Life is good.

No comments: