Monday, May 11, 2009

When the Tom Cat's Away...




Whilst Andrew was off gallivanting around West Java, I was a single mum for a week.


Although there wasn't much I could do during the day as I was at school, I made sure at 3pm I was home and doing lots of stuff with the girls. We organised play dates with friends, cooked daily (cakes, biscuits, pizza, pasta...) did a daily arts and craft activity and generally just kept ourselves busy. It was very reminiscent of my time as a stay at home mum in Taipei. And I realised ....God, I miss it!


Don't get me wrong, I am loving working, but....if all truth be told, I would jump at the chance of staying home to cherish each moment with my little cherubs. Even though it is completely knackering. Far more so than working a full time (paid) job. And I CAN say that now that I'm actually doing that.

In my next life.

Yes. I will be born incredibly and independently wealthy and so will Andrew. Then we will spend our lives making, having and bringing up our 25 + children.

And I will be in charge of the arts and crafts and all fun-filled planned activities.
Andrew will be in charge any time the kids are feeling sick, grumpy, tantrumy etc.
(Well, it is my dream!)
Seriously, though, I am cherishing every moment I have with the girls. Even though they are feeling sick, grumpy and tantrumy as I speak.
Our week was fine, but I and the girls did miss Andrew terribly. We have so rarely spent time apart - in fact, I think the last time was when he was in hospital, the time before that, when I was having Annalise (we saw each other everyday but he went home every night) and then it was about 8 years prior to that we spent a night apart, the summer Anne-marie and Pete got married and I left him in Oz.
Yes. It would take some getting used to. Not something I plan on even contemplating! So glad it was only a week!
Enough rambling. The photos are of us enjoying ourselves during the week. There is a fantastic mall where the girls can bounce 30 ft high in the air. It is sooooooooo much fun. We have to keep taking them there. They get such an adrenalin rush! Annalise nearly lost her lunch the last time we took her - she bounced up 2 floors of the shopping mall. No kidding!


No comments: