Sunday, May 10, 2009

Zoo Run

This was us (at 5.30am) last weekend at the last Jakarta Free Spirit 5km and 2.5km race event for the year. Getting up at 4.30am really isn't too much fun. But the day was ace.
It was great fun - we ran around the course, seeing all the animals just waking up for the day. The zoo is enormous, but I wasn't overly impressed with the amount of space the animals have - especially the monkey, chimps and orangutan housing.
As per usual, we celebrated out running with a great hearty breakfast - this time at Harvey Nickels cafe - I had the most gorgeous Egg Benedict with smoked salmon. YUMMMMY!
I took the running slowly as the day before, I took the 15 kids at school, cross country running, and about 2km into the run, my heartbeat was pounding through my body and ringing in my ears and I felt so dizzy - I wasn't sure if this was normal or maybe I had pushed myself too much or was dehydrated or whether I was having a heart attack! So I walked the rest of the way. I felt pretty spacy the rest of the day and then to be on the safe side, I only ran the 2.5km gently at the zoo run. instead of going for the 5km as usual.

I've run twice since and it hasn't happened agains. Maybe I just need to get more fit.

See? If I was an experienced runner I would probably know what it all meant!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: