Monday, May 11, 2009

A Perfectly Lovely Day...The Night Was Not So Much!

So, when Andrew arose (at 9.30am which I thought was an excellent effort - I was thinking it would be lunchtime!), he entered the lounge room with Annalise & Juliette each holding a bunch of flowers (in their pots, so I can trrrrrrrryyyy to keep them alive, although I have never been blessed with green fingers...funny that...I should have, being a blood Greene... But I digress...)

and a box of super-yummy chocolates and hugs and kisses all round. Very nice!



We then went out to 'Carre Four' shopping center where the girls each managed to get a new pair of shoes....how did that happen? I thought it was MY day! (I just can't help myself!) and then we came home and relaxed for the rest of the day and Jane from next door came over for a few wines, before Andrew cooked me a gorgeous roast dinner. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmm!



Both girls had high fevers again at night, and Juliette coughed and cried throughout most of the night, so we all 'woke' (for those of us who actually slept) at 5.30am this morning for school pretty wrecked.



The girls stayed home today whilst we just sucked it up and went in - I came home after work to Annalise who was crashed out on the sofa and still is as I type, and Juliette has just woken up. Both are snotty and chesty and feeling pretty yuck. Andrew is at the dentist having a root canal. Nice! (Although...I'm not sure I know where I'd rather be...I'm torn between high fever, grumpy, clingy children, or intense pain in the gum area....Think I'm probably better off here at home.)



The photo below is NOT a symbol of how my head is feeling right now - lacking sleep and feeling like the beginning of a cold...but it is, in fact, the amazing Volcano Krakatoa pumping out much smoke and ash and lava spit-balls - Andrew took his kids from school away two weeks ago to see this. In fact, not only see it, but walk half way up the volcano to have ash chucked over them and then be told that they had to turn back as it was just too dangerous.

He says it was an absolute trip of a lifetime. From the pictures, I can well believe it. Lucky sod.


I will get him to post about it when he has a nanosecond. (In between the sips of beer.) In the meantime, I will post lots of photos when I get a chance.


I am going to put the TV on and lie around like a slob for a while.

No comments: