Been a bit slack at writing since last week - been one of those manic weeks!
Andrew was home Monday through to Wednesday so we tried to do some nice family things as well as sorting through some of our stuff, getting ready for the move.
Annalise is still going on about her injection she got a week ago "Mummy, the Dr. is not nice. I liked the lollipop but I don't like the 'projections'''!! Poor thing. Andrew spent the day of the injections throwing up - apparently one of the side effects of Japanese Encephalitius - not too nice for him, especially as we have to go back after two weeks for the second dose and then a third sometime after that - he's going to see a lot of that toilet bowl! The girls and I were fine - bit sleepier than normal, but not sick like 'Ginger'.

We went to the Taipei Recreation Centre with friends on Wednesday (the one with the carousel) and had a fantastic day there. We put Annalise's hair into a really high ponytail and big chunky trainers to try to make her 4cm taller so she could go on some of the 100cm + rides and it worked!! She got to go on the dodgem/bumper cars with Daddy which she is still not sure she actually liked..."I liked being in the car but didn't like being bumped!' she says still. She also got to ride some of the faster, higher rollercoasters with Mummy which she adored! It was a fab day. Forgot again to take the camera again though. In fact, have forgotten to take it all week. DOH! It's having Andrew at home - I get all out of my routines! (edited to add that I have since attached a collage photo - Julie had her camera and so sent me copies!)
On Friday night, I went out with friends for a girl's night out at the American Club - but came back home at a far more respectable time of 11.30pm and Annalise had taken herself off to sleep which was nice.
On Saturday I had table with friends Zoe & Julie at the American School's second hand fair - where from 8 - 3pm I managed to get rid of loads of our rubbish! Actually, I managed to sell loads of my clothes and the kids' clothes which weren't rubbish at all. There were a few very odd people there though: one man who spent the added up time of about an hour reading a Danielle Steele romance novel - he kept coming back to the stall for 15 min installments of reading and then would hide the book somewhere for his next 'visit'! Another man spent rather a worrying amount of time feeling all my clothes and holding them up against his cheek, before buying the silkiest feeling ones of them!
One woman - must have been about 70 - with a crooked neck and back admired one of my sexy chinese dresses - until she held it up against her body and realised that the split went from ankle to bottom and turned a shade of red, bundled the dress into a ball, threw it in the box and limped away!
There were a few less than honest folk who put their bags up against my boxes of baby clother, all folded and wrapped in ziplock bags with prices written on the front and tried to shovel the bags into their own bag - what a cheek!
And then a couple who kept coming back and taking the cheaper baby clothes out of the bags and putting more expensive ones in the 'cheaper' bags and trying to tell us that that was how they were priced and we should sell them at that price - the fact that it would say '2 pairs of 3-6mth tights on the front of the bag but the contents were actually a dress, hat and matching pants didn't seem to sink into their little thieving minds!!
Andrew and the girls came and joined us towards the end of the selling and Annalise enjoyed playing 'shopkeeper' for a while.
Sunday was spent being guests of Sharon & Wayne at the American club for brunch and then lazing by the pool all day. The girls ADORED swimming in the pool all day and Andrew and I got burnt - even though I'd smothered myself with cream - it was REALLY hot though. The girls, thankfully weren't - I'd loaded them up with suncream and hats and their UV suits so all was well for them.
It reminded me of days of old at the Country Club - spending weekends by the poolside with lots fo friends. Stacey & Scott and the boys came and so did Julie & Neil and Amy. A wonderful day.
We've just got back from our monday morning 'pramclub' playdate and lunch at 'Fangs' - the local Chinese restaurant we go to.
Now I have to get on with cleaning the apartment! Joy!
Andrew was home Monday through to Wednesday so we tried to do some nice family things as well as sorting through some of our stuff, getting ready for the move.
Annalise is still going on about her injection she got a week ago "Mummy, the Dr. is not nice. I liked the lollipop but I don't like the 'projections'''!! Poor thing. Andrew spent the day of the injections throwing up - apparently one of the side effects of Japanese Encephalitius - not too nice for him, especially as we have to go back after two weeks for the second dose and then a third sometime after that - he's going to see a lot of that toilet bowl! The girls and I were fine - bit sleepier than normal, but not sick like 'Ginger'.

We went to the Taipei Recreation Centre with friends on Wednesday (the one with the carousel) and had a fantastic day there. We put Annalise's hair into a really high ponytail and big chunky trainers to try to make her 4cm taller so she could go on some of the 100cm + rides and it worked!! She got to go on the dodgem/bumper cars with Daddy which she is still not sure she actually liked..."I liked being in the car but didn't like being bumped!' she says still. She also got to ride some of the faster, higher rollercoasters with Mummy which she adored! It was a fab day. Forgot again to take the camera again though. In fact, have forgotten to take it all week. DOH! It's having Andrew at home - I get all out of my routines! (edited to add that I have since attached a collage photo - Julie had her camera and so sent me copies!)
On Friday night, I went out with friends for a girl's night out at the American Club - but came back home at a far more respectable time of 11.30pm and Annalise had taken herself off to sleep which was nice.
On Saturday I had table with friends Zoe & Julie at the American School's second hand fair - where from 8 - 3pm I managed to get rid of loads of our rubbish! Actually, I managed to sell loads of my clothes and the kids' clothes which weren't rubbish at all. There were a few very odd people there though: one man who spent the added up time of about an hour reading a Danielle Steele romance novel - he kept coming back to the stall for 15 min installments of reading and then would hide the book somewhere for his next 'visit'! Another man spent rather a worrying amount of time feeling all my clothes and holding them up against his cheek, before buying the silkiest feeling ones of them!
One woman - must have been about 70 - with a crooked neck and back admired one of my sexy chinese dresses - until she held it up against her body and realised that the split went from ankle to bottom and turned a shade of red, bundled the dress into a ball, threw it in the box and limped away!
There were a few less than honest folk who put their bags up against my boxes of baby clother, all folded and wrapped in ziplock bags with prices written on the front and tried to shovel the bags into their own bag - what a cheek!
And then a couple who kept coming back and taking the cheaper baby clothes out of the bags and putting more expensive ones in the 'cheaper' bags and trying to tell us that that was how they were priced and we should sell them at that price - the fact that it would say '2 pairs of 3-6mth tights on the front of the bag but the contents were actually a dress, hat and matching pants didn't seem to sink into their little thieving minds!!
Andrew and the girls came and joined us towards the end of the selling and Annalise enjoyed playing 'shopkeeper' for a while.
Sunday was spent being guests of Sharon & Wayne at the American club for brunch and then lazing by the pool all day. The girls ADORED swimming in the pool all day and Andrew and I got burnt - even though I'd smothered myself with cream - it was REALLY hot though. The girls, thankfully weren't - I'd loaded them up with suncream and hats and their UV suits so all was well for them.
It reminded me of days of old at the Country Club - spending weekends by the poolside with lots fo friends. Stacey & Scott and the boys came and so did Julie & Neil and Amy. A wonderful day.
We've just got back from our monday morning 'pramclub' playdate and lunch at 'Fangs' - the local Chinese restaurant we go to.
Now I have to get on with cleaning the apartment! Joy!
No comments:
Post a Comment