Well, Andrew had to buy me a new keyboard as the one that Juliette dropped water all over is completely 'fooked'! But I can type again so all is well!
Whilst Annalise was at school this morning, I decided to put the TV on as Juliette was having a nap an NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! The American Idol results show was on and just as I turned it on they said 'David Cook is the next American Idol!' Damn it! I thought the results show was tonight and Andrew and I have been watching it avidly all season and were so excited about tonight's results show and then I had to go and spoil my suspense! Actually, it wouldn't have mattered though, as when I went to pick up Annalise, the results were all over the radio!
Anyway. So pleased David Cook won - he's brilliant. The first 'rocker' to win. EXCELLENT! Thought the other David had a fab voice but was just too lovey-dovey, smoochy, love-songy for me.


Juliette and I had fun this morning after her nap - we did our usual dancing to 'The Wiggles' and then a bit of cleaning and then she decided it would be fun to wear my shoes and clip clop around the house - no idea what downstairs thought - it was quite noisy, but she loved it! She has a bit of a shoe obsession at the moment - must be the Anne-marie genes in her!
Talking of shoes, Ebay are still sending me dirty letters - I now have 5 sellers who've opened unpaid item strikes with me - I just keep on deleting the emails. Will have to try to get it sorted one day - but it's not high on my priorities anymore.
Annalise came home this afternoon from school, after more swimming and Thursday is her gymnastics lesson at school which she loves - she always tries to show me her new 'skill' - today it was a 'cartwheel' - actually, it looked more like a donkey kick, but she thinks she's ace!
I decided to make cupcakes with the girls as they really enjoy cooking and getting messy and ofcourse, eating the frosting! So, as the pics show, they are both decorating the little cupcakes with chocolate frosting and 'sprinkles' - both managed to eat more of the frosting than actually went on the cakes but it was fun!! Yet again, as seems to be the norm now, they had to be airlifted to the bath afterwards!
Annalise has since eaten three of the cakes! (Actually, she has licked the frosting off the tops and Juliette has eaten the cakes! - What a good team they make!!)
I had to go to the dentist tonight - I have had one tooth that has been a pain in the arse since I was 16 and is the only filling I ever had - actually, the same tooth had to be refilled three times in the course of 10 years as it kept getting decayed, until my dentist in Oman 5 years ago decided that it needed to be a crown so that's what I had done at enormous expense with the guarantee that it would last at least 25 years.......never trust a dentist.
I've been having toothache for a while so decided to brave it and go here to my lovely dentist and DAMN! It's that bloody same tooth! - It needs recrowning as the dentist in Oman didn't make the crown meet the gum and so that's why it's been hurting and although the dentist can't see whether there is decay - I'm sure there must be - that's gotta be why it's been hurting, so it needs to be re-crowned. So, that's another 15,000NT we have to try to find the money for.
I will have to sell my body soon I think. Or one of the kids.
Oh to have money again, come August when there's two wages coming in. It will be so nice not to be counting the NT dollars (equivalent of pennies) to get groceries towards the end of the month and having to put back stuff because you just don't have enough money.
We adore our life, but money has been really tough this past year in particular.
Annalise had another bad dream last night - apparently I died and was put in the dirt and was gone forever. (Where does she get ieas like this from - how does she know about being 'buried' if that's what she's talking about?)
At least we've moved on from water now, but obviously the theme of all her bad dreams are death and leaving and being left alone. It must be her sub-conscious trying to deal with us moving and leaving here. Poor thing.
On a funnier front - last night, Annalise said, 'Mummy, kiss me' so I puckered up and pecked her on the lips - 'No Mummy, like this!' and she grabbed my face and tried to give me a long, smooch, moving her head from left to right.
'What are you doing?' I ask
'Giving you a kiss - like you and Daddy and on TV!'
'You are far too young for snogging' I told her - and then she of course, asked what snogging meant. This parenting thing can be hard at times!
No comments:
Post a Comment