We girls had a very quiet day today - not doing anything much, except for Annalise had school this morning and as the weather is still amazing, they put a blow up pool up in the outdoor play area so she splish splash sploshed all morning with her school pals. She was very excited when I went to pick her up and it had also been a birthday of one of the boys in her class so she was high on chocolate cake and sweets!
Juliette and I spent the morning cleaning the house and dancing to 'The Wiggles' - but she has been a bit upset in her tummy the past two days and so she was a bit grumpier and clingier than normal. She seems a lot better tonight but she's still producing wonderfully yukky nappies! (What a nice conversation!) Actually, whilst talking of nappies, I think Juliette's going to potty train quite early. She now tells me whenever she's done a wee or a poo and will pull her nappy off if I don't get to her quick enough - she hates having a dirty nappy - even just wee! - and I've popped her on the big toilet a few times which she loves and says 'wee wee!'. I don't actually think she's produced anything on the loo yet, but she's definitely heading that way.
Annalise was 2 years and 2 months when she went from nappies one day to nothing the next - just by telling us - so reckon Juliette will be the same, but think she may be earlier.
Did nothing much else the rest of today except did some arts and crafts with the girls - just glueing magazine pictures on paper and then we made 'chocolate bombs' - some sugary chocolaty sweet recipe that I got off the internet which were really fun to make but look better than they taste - think they'll be in the fridge untouched till they get chucked!
Andrew went to Kinkaseki Prisoner Of War Camp & Gold Copper Mines today with 60 year 9's from school today. He came back feeling revitalised and gushing with excitement - he had had a fabulous time. Andrew has always loved going on trips like this - I'm so pleased he got a chance to see it all before we leave. If only school days were like that everyday!
I went there with a class about 4 years ago, and though I thought it was a pretty amazing trip then, they've obviously done loads more with the site. The stories are horrific and incredibly sad - unbelievable really. When you go on the trip, you walk the steps that the Allied POW's walked and go into the mines they worked in, which in those times, were in absolutely unbearable conditions. When Andrew gets time, I'm sure he'll write about his day. I will attach a few piccies that he took though. But if you are interested (Andrew and I reckon Gwen will be!), go into the website - it's a really interesting read.
http://www.powtaiwan.org/
Andrew came back with a purple face - completely sun burnt - and when I asked him if he'd put suncream on, he said 'Course Not! Got to look after the tan!' - he must be the only Aussie I know who thinks sun on skin is a good thing!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment