Updates all round.
Sleeping: Following my night of research, the next night Annalise and I had a talk about how she could change the dreams to make them happy instead of sad - she was great - her imagination runs wild! That made her happy, and then I had found a little sample bottle of perfume I must have been given free sometime and so that has become our ' special bad dream spray' and Annalise sprays it 3 times and says 'bad dreams go away' - she loves that bit, and then if she wakes up in the night from a bad dream, we have put the dream on my palm and she's blown the dream away with all her might and then fallen back to sleep.
I think all the ideas have really helped - it's only been a few nights sleep, but she hasn't woken up as distressed or hysterical as she was doing. She is still getting bad dreams, last night her 'heart was broken' - not sure if she meant physically or metaphorically but either way, she was upset, so we blew it away.
Tonight, before she went to sleep, she told me that she also dreamed about 'Steve Irwin, the crocodile hunter' last night!! What? I nearly fell off the bed - where on earth had she got his name from? Is his ghost talking to her in her dreams? But then I remembered that on one of the Wiggles shows, they sing with Steve Irwin. Now, who's imagination runs wild!!
I have always had very vivid dreams - and mostly remembered them the next day. Think it just must be that neither of us sleep very deeply much of the time. I know Andrew doesn't seem to dream at all - think that's the beer though!
Car: We got it back from the garage yesterday and it's running like a dream - so relieved! It's really tough being without one here.
Girls Progress:
Annalise - Have attached a pic of Annalise's latest fad - using the computer. She plays lots of fun little discovery games and arty games on the computer and is soooooo good with the mouse. It's a battle getting her off it though - the sign of things to come!
Annalise came home from school today with a mother's day card, a red carnation all prettily wrapped up, a homemade photoframe with a picture of her and Juliette and I and a handmade butterfly - all for Mother's Day. (Australian & uSA Mother's Day). Which was very nice as Mother's day has always been a tad forgotten here. The British Mother's Day comes along and Andrew says, 'But the girls are Australian, so you should be celebrating the Aussie one in a couple of Months' time.' and then the Aussie one comes along and he says 'But you're a Brit - I thought you celebrated that one!' !!!!!!!!!!
Men.
Actually, to be honest, on the British mother's Day, I did remind Andrew on the day and he went out and bought a bottle of Black Label for me from the girls. But, only after I had a bit of a strop.
Juliette - attached is a picture that Annalise took of her little sister looking very cheeky. She now sings 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' rather well - her words are a bit garbled, actually, very garbled, but she sings completely in pitch and does all the actions. Will have to try and catch it on video to post on here.
Think she is going to be a bit of a naughty, cheeky, monkey as she grows - she is very mischievious and can be quite a fiesty little thing. I don't think she'll suffer much rot from her big sister as her speaking comes on.
Andrew: Counting down the days at work. Things seem to be going very much downhill there - many staff very unhappy with certain things that have gone on over the past few months in particular and Andrew had to 'counsel' two different members of staff (friends of ours) today at work as one was in floods of tears and one was ready to punch someone up top or resign on the spot. They are doing some very odd and deceitful things there - all for either one-upmanship by stabbing in the back or blatantly lying to people to save face. Andrew is staying out of most things for an easy last few weeks of the year and trying to just get on with his jobs.
Me - I finished my Counselling Assignment on Homosexuality & the dying of a partner with AIDS and I got another A!! Very proud of myself. But I can't say the research and actual writing of the assignment was easy. Lots of the research was about bereavement counselling and the death of a loved one suffering a terminal illness and watching them fade away in a hospital bed. Also about how the actual person dying feels. It all brought back loads of feelings about Mummy. Just like the last assignment, I kept having to put the work down and get some fresh air. My next one is on miscarriage, still birth and the loss of a child. Looking forward to that one like a hole in the head!! But seriously, I am really enjoying the course. This assignment will be my last one and then I am officially Kathryn Beck Dip.Couns. Whatever that entitles me to!!
Ok. Signing off. Both girls were in bed by 8.30pm tonight - Andrew just said to me "God - isn't it nice to just have some time to ourselves?' - YES! So will get off the 'omputa' and spend some time with my ginger hubby.
No comments:
Post a Comment