Thursday, September 11, 2008

Off On A Retreat Tomorrow!

Had a good week - it has gone by so fast.

What's happened? hmmmmm.

Annalise has had a hard week of me going to school. She has escaped three times from home and burst into my classroom mid lesson - yesterday consisted of her bursting in absolutely stark naked, then she got a complete fright as my kiddos all squealed when they saw her, so she ran outside again straight into the maid Susie's arms and she decided to have a hysterical screaming fit. Not nice. But quite funny really - she did look terribly funny, but it was sad.

We have a rock climbing wall at school and the Upper-school kids do it as an activity twice a week - well, one of the girls put on their harness wrongly and fell 20ft down on the hard gym floor. She is in hospital with a fractured pelvis amongst other things - poor thing. Suffice it to say that the wall is now closed for the remainder of the term.

I am also doing the lower-school Drama production in November and we decided to do 'Cinderella' , which is nice, but the cast list went out today, and rather than the Prince being happy that he was 'The Prince' he spent the afternoon in tears in my room saying he wanted another part. joys.

Tomorrow, straight after school we are being bussed to the retreat beach resort hotel 3 hours away. Very exciting, but I have been roped into leading the team-building activities on Saturday morning - huh!! Have arranged some 'fun' things for the staff to do - the usual sort of things such as problem solving games/crossing a river with only a few stepping stones, building towers with newspaper and egg drops, Relay races, Murder Mystery, Pub Trivia quiz etc. But could really do without the pressure of having to lead them all. I now know why I won the 'Never Says No' award at uni - I can't help myself, even when I really don't want to do things! Will I ever learn?!

Anyway. I'm hoping the rest of the weekend will be relaxing. I will post photos when we return. Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments: