Thursday, September 4, 2008

Thursday Ramble





No news really - just had 'Open House' night where my parents came in to listen to me rattling off to them about Grade 5 for 40 minutes. Talk about running off adrenalin - I had no idea what to talk about but managed to last the 40 mins I was supposed to. I kept asking if there were any questions, or would they like to look around the room or through the resources etc , but they just stayed sitting, waiting for me to carry on. I can't even remember what I was gassing on about - I must have been speaking a whole load of rubbish. They were smiling when they left though - perhaps out of sheer happiness they could get away! My one and only question just before the end was about how I would be celebrating the kids' birthdays. Obviously curriculum etc is a big priority!

Thank the Lord it's over.

To be fair, it wasn't so bad - glad it'll be another year till I have to do it again though!

I'm just attaching some cutie photos of the girls - they're getting on like a house on fire at the moment and are continuously telling each other how much they love each other - " I love you, A'lise'" "I love you soooo much too, Juliette!" etc etc! It's very cute!!

Annalise had a Dr.s checkup at her school yesterday and we were told she needs to go to an ENT specialist to get her right ear syringed as it's apparently chocka with wax. Actually, on the referral, it says something veryu long worded and scary looking, but Biologist Daddy took one look at it and said "that just means wax!"

Andrew and I were only talking the other week how we thought we better get Annalise's hearing checked as she either has naughty selective hearing or is deaf! (she doesn't always seem to hear us when we're talking to her, but we just thought it was her being stubborn when she's being naughty! Perhaps it's just a build up of wax!!) (she was checked for hearing at birth and passed everything there so we were not overly concerned, but perhaps trying to find a reason for our daughter's bad behaviour!)

We've definitely booked into the Lake Lido resort I wrote about a couple of days ago. Looking forward to it. It's Ramadan here at the moment but you wouldn't know it - apart from the fact that all the restaurants are doing fabulous buffet dinners at 'Iftar' time! Very different from the Middle East. I only have one kid in my class who is fasting - he's very committed, but also very nonchalant about the whole thing - unlike our Omani students who couldn't seem to do anything during Ramadan as they were soooooooo hungry and sooooo tired!

No comments: