Wednesday, Abby (Sam & Teresa's daughter) turned 2 so after school there was a pool party at the school party. The girls had a wonderful time - there are about 7 kids on staff ranging from about 1 to 5 years and they all played together so nicely, along with some other friends of Abby's from outside of school.

Thursday, I held a baby shower at our house for Teresa, who is 34 weeks pregnant. So it was a mad rush after school to get the house ready and decorated for it. Us ladies had a great afternoon whilst all the hubbys took the kids to the pool.

Friday we had a house party to welcome the two new members of staff and their kids who are from California - the husband, Ernesto, is working with me in Grade 5 which is such a relief. He's a lovely guy and has loads of ideas which is great!! His wife, Elisa, is teaching 3rd grade and they have a 3 1/2 year old, Katerina, who is only 2 weeks older than Annalise, and they have been playing together every day since they arrived which is fabulous, and a 7 month old little boy, Alex.
The party went really well. Not a late night - I think the last people left about 10pm - but we had been going since 2.30pm so it wasn't bad!!

This morning, I took the girls with Teresa, Sam & Abby, to an Australian preschool playgroup from 9 - 12 which was just fabulous. It was so nice for them to experience a real 'Western' style play centre again, with songs and stories and play centres and just free play! I would send the girls there if I could, but 1) it's much more expensive, and 2) it's 30 minutes drive away from our home, which I don't really feel comfortable having the maid taxiing that far with them every day to go to. At the moment, their school is literally 5 mins walk from our house.
Anyway! That's been our week! Fun filled and exhausting!!
Andrew has been nominated at school to do this 2 year school administration leadership course which is great news as hopefully it'll get him back into admin, and with a couple of extra pieces of coursework, would lead him to getting his Masters. Very excited for him, but we've just read on the documents that he might need to go to Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia, during our school's Easter vacation. AM & Stephen, if this happens it might mess up Easter plans here. I'll let you know ASAP.
No comments:
Post a Comment