Annalise has always been one for asking questions: and not just the usual children's twenty questions. Really deep or surreal or HUGE questions.
Here are some of the bigger ones she's asked recently...
In the summer, she was obsessed with death and dying, which was a tad worrying, but I think it was because I took her to a church in Belgium, filled with icons. She asked dozens of questions about everything and anything she saw in there.
Juliette just went round with the loudest voice asking "Mummy, who's that guy?"
"That's Jesus, darling."
"Oh... Who's that guy then?"
"That's Jesus as well, darling."
"Ohhhhh. What about that guy?"
"That's Jesus and his Mummy."
"Oh.. And that guy?"
"That's Jesus on the cross."
etc etc etc.
We got lots of very amused looks from the other visitors/parishioners. It made me realise that I need to take the girls to church.
Anyway. I digress.
Annalise's question was this:
"If we leave our skin on earth when we die, how will we recognise each other again when we go to 'the angels'?"
Andrew's response: "Ask Mummy - she's the Catholic."
"If our bodies are filled with blood, how come Mummy's body could separate the blood from the milk when she was feeding us?"
My response: "Ask Daddy - he's the scientist."
Yesterday, it was:
"When does the ground become the sky, and the sky become the ground?"
"When does the ground become the sky, and the sky become the ground?"
Deep.
My response: "Ask Daddy - he's knows everything."
I have plenty more and will write them as I remember them. I think she's going to be a very interesting teenager.
No comments:
Post a Comment