You know,
I reckon I'm a pretty strong person, emotionally.
I can usually put on a smile, straighten my shoulders and suck it all up.
I have to admit that I was feeling a little low tonight. Being Mum's anniversary and all.
Most of the time I'm incredibly together. But tonight, I started falling apart, just a little.
Unusual really. I'm quite good at bottling my feelings up. In fact, I don't think anyone would have noticed really. Inside though, I was feeling a little bleak.
And then my little brother and Lauren rang. From Phi Phi island. Thailand.
I don't usually like the phone. In fact, I have to say speaking on the phone makes me feel nervous - even with people I adore - something about not seeing reactions. Or something.
I don't know what it is.
Anyway. They rang, on skype, with a web camera.
And I feel better. Back to my normal self again.
I love my family.
Thank you, Stephen & Lauren.
Whether it was ESP or just because of the day it is, you made me laugh and be thankful for what I have again.
Love you.
xxx
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment