Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Action Packed Wednesday









Had a brill, action packed day today.

Started off by the girls and I getting up early and watching 'Bananas in Pajamas' - havent seen it for years, but Asia Pacific ABC (Australian international channel) have just started showing it in the mornings which is great - especially as it used to be 'Humphrey Bear' (the friendly but mute bear) and though the girls loved it, I couldn't stand it! (Andrew gets eternally hurt when I tell him I think it's crap - he apparently grew up on it, which was fine back in the 1700's or whenever he was a kid, but they don't seem to have changed with the times! Oooh, I'm harsh aren't I?)

After that I put together a fruit salad to take to my friend Debbie's house (she has Sarah who is Annalise's age) as we had decided to have a mammoth play date / pool party / lunch before our Kindermusik class.

It was a beautiful day - sunny, warm, but without the humidity that we had yesterday. (It's been stinky, sweaty weather since Sunday). So, girls were lathered down with sunscreen and had fun splashing in the blow up pool in Debbie's garden - she has a gorgeous house.\

After the swim we had a big pasta, salad and fresh fruit lunch (how nice it would have been accompanied by a huge glass of white wine or an ice cold G & T but....) and then had our Kindermusik class which was great as it was Cassia's turn and she did songs, music and dancing about 'Night & Day' and so we bopped till we dropped!

We left about 3 and then when we got home, I decided to do an Arts & Craft activity with the girls. (I try to do one if not once a day, every other day) and decided to try our hand at Shaving foam paintings. Yeah. Good plan, Kathryn. It all started relatively sanely and then I decided to add little bowls of food colouring to help make the paintings more 'interesting'. Well. Not sure about the paintings, but the girls had a ball and Juliette, in particular, decided it would be great fun to decorate herself instead of the paper.

I'm so glad we have wooden floorboards that are easily wiped and that the food colouring was water based, as it seemed like everything was COVERED! Both girls were 'air lifted' into the bath!
Great fun though!

Tomorrow, Annalise is at school from 8.30 - 11.45 so I have my special Tuesday, Thursday morning one-on-one time with Juliette. At the moment, that seems to be consisting of dancing to 'The Wiggles' music, playing with bricks and blocks, helping me with laundry (or unfolding my neat piles of laundry - joy) and other household chores. I'm so looking forward to next year when we have a cleaner!! YES!

Juliette has started over the past few days to say 'GooGirl' now whenever she thinks she's done something rather well, which is gorgeous.

No comments: