Been a bit slow on writing the last few days.
Had a lovely anniversary night on Saturday at 'Alley Cats' - a great little pizza/pub with some friends and the girls. Juliette stayed asleep thoughout most of the night which was ace, and Annalise charmed the staff into playing with her so she was occupied so Andrew and I could relax and enjoy ourselves! Was great to see our friend Simon, who moved to Phuket this year to teach. He was over for the weekend to see everyone.
Sunday was spent lazing around the house doing nothing in particular.
Yesterday we received even more info from NJIS about the things we'll be teaching, Jakarta itself, our housing and email addresses of present and leaving staff to email to ask any further questions and 'find out the real goss' on the school! So amazing to be seemingly going to a very open and honest school.
We were even sent a list of things being sold by leaving staff in case we want to buy/reserve some now which is nice.
It looks like we might be living on campus next year, which we think will be ok - the added advantage of it'll be really safe for the kids, and I will be within minutes walking distance of them incase something goes wrong, and being on campus means we can also use the school outdoor pool, sporting facilities and children's playground after school hours and on weekends.
The school will also make sure we have a nanny in place as soon as we arrive (taken over from a leaving staff family) and a maid so my major worry of having to find a reputable nanny has been taken away. I am so relieved.
The school is also going to give us information about some local preschools for Annalise to go to three times a week as she can't come to our school until she's 4.
They've all just been so helpful.
Off to our kindermusik class this afternoon, and then to a little photoshoot. Annalise has got four close friends she has grown up with here, and we've decided to get some T-shirts made up with a group photo of the girls on as a keepsake. I am also in charge of making a framed collage for them and I am making as friendship book with photos for all of Annalise friends as a way of easing the transition that is going to be happening very soon for all of them. Only 1 out of the 5 are going to be here next year. One friend is off to South africa (or Switzerland - a decision will be made next week), another friend is off to Kazakhstan, another to the USA and we are off to Jakarta!
So, we will be trying to get some snaps of them today that include all of them smiling at the camera!! (Fat chance I think, but we'll see!)
Am on a no alcohol diet at the moment. Figure that whenever I'm pregnant, I lose about 5-7 kilos in the first 12 weeks. Put this down to giving up the alcohol. (Morning sickness just made me hungry afterwards so it wasn't lack of food). So, am going to see how much I lose by giving it up without being pregnant!!
Am in my second week of 'diet' already but havent noticed any difference yet - except for craving a glass of wine each night!!
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment