Had a fabulous day.
Slept like crap last night, but girls slept in till 10am so I had some 'me' time this morning before they got up. Then off to get pampered! Andrew bought me a beauty salon voucher for christmas that I hadn't had a chance to use up yet and gave me a leave pass today to go to the beauty salon, so off I trotted and met my friend Zoe, for a few hours of kid-free pampering bliss!
I got my eyebrows waxed (ouchy), followed by a shampoo and oil hair treatment (my hair so needed the oil treatment!) followed by a head and back massage (divine), a hair cut (Andrew usually cuts my hair, so this was a lovelt change - but have to say that Andrew does a fine job as well!) a pedicure (as the lady said, I probably lost a couple of kilos just losing the dead skin off the bottom of my feet!) and then I had my hair blow dried straight which makes me look like a different person altogether, but nice for a change!
I then went to the shops, bought stuff for dinner and came home to Andrew giving the girls a bath! They had behaved impeccably, which is nice for a change.
Decided to change out of my mum 'unifom' and put on some nicer clothes for the afternoon, seeing as my head and feet looked lovely (as lovely my head and feet can do!) and put on some makeup and felt like a new woman!
Then, I dropped them off at my friend Sharon's for a playdate with her two children and went to meet a lady at an MRT station to sell some things off to her (we're getting rid of lots of things before we leave!) and left feeling wonderful as she called me 'a yummy mummy!'. 'How I wish I could look as good as you do as a Mum of two!'. I was going to say 'Oh, it's easy! It comes naturally' or something along the same lines, but decided to confess and say that I usually look like crap and havent spent much time on myself like this since I had children!
I then, some extra cash in hand from my sale, went back to pick the girls up (after staying for a chat and a play) and am now losing the battle at getting Annalise to stay in her room as it's well past bedtime and she is being a little stubborn minx.
However, I will not let her spoil my feeling of pampered bliss. Today, I am a new woman.
Tomorrow I'll be back to a yogapants-and-t-shirt-with-hair-in-a-top-knot,-no-makeup-on-face Mumma.
I shall remain until morning, a pampered Goddess.
Hah!
Slept like crap last night, but girls slept in till 10am so I had some 'me' time this morning before they got up. Then off to get pampered! Andrew bought me a beauty salon voucher for christmas that I hadn't had a chance to use up yet and gave me a leave pass today to go to the beauty salon, so off I trotted and met my friend Zoe, for a few hours of kid-free pampering bliss!
I got my eyebrows waxed (ouchy), followed by a shampoo and oil hair treatment (my hair so needed the oil treatment!) followed by a head and back massage (divine), a hair cut (Andrew usually cuts my hair, so this was a lovelt change - but have to say that Andrew does a fine job as well!) a pedicure (as the lady said, I probably lost a couple of kilos just losing the dead skin off the bottom of my feet!) and then I had my hair blow dried straight which makes me look like a different person altogether, but nice for a change!
I then went to the shops, bought stuff for dinner and came home to Andrew giving the girls a bath! They had behaved impeccably, which is nice for a change.
Decided to change out of my mum 'unifom' and put on some nicer clothes for the afternoon, seeing as my head and feet looked lovely (as lovely my head and feet can do!) and put on some makeup and felt like a new woman!
Then, I dropped them off at my friend Sharon's for a playdate with her two children and went to meet a lady at an MRT station to sell some things off to her (we're getting rid of lots of things before we leave!) and left feeling wonderful as she called me 'a yummy mummy!'. 'How I wish I could look as good as you do as a Mum of two!'. I was going to say 'Oh, it's easy! It comes naturally' or something along the same lines, but decided to confess and say that I usually look like crap and havent spent much time on myself like this since I had children!
I then, some extra cash in hand from my sale, went back to pick the girls up (after staying for a chat and a play) and am now losing the battle at getting Annalise to stay in her room as it's well past bedtime and she is being a little stubborn minx.
However, I will not let her spoil my feeling of pampered bliss. Today, I am a new woman.
Tomorrow I'll be back to a yogapants-and-t-shirt-with-hair-in-a-top-knot,-no-makeup-on-face Mumma.
I shall remain until morning, a pampered Goddess.
Hah!
No comments:
Post a Comment