Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I've been compromised!

Aghhhhhhhhhhhh! The Money Gods are NOT smiling on us at the moment.
On Saturday, I sold my car to a lovely Dutch couple who are willing to wait until June to have it, and they paid me a deposit. Yeah.
The next day, the car's transmission failed and now we are up for a new automatic transmission. It is costing the same price as I am selling it for. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
So we were a bit depressed.
Then, I wake up today and check my emails as I always do and find out I have over 40 new emails - bit dodgy and yes, someone has accessed my ebay account and bid and won on 21 pairs of Italian shoes from different Italian sellers and I owe more than 1400 pounds. Initial googling of fraudulent activity seems to be that I have to contact each seller and tell them what has happened and hope they agree to mutually withdraw my winning bid. However, they are all messages written in Italian and apparently, through the night, I wrote lots of messages to each buyer asking certain things as I have heaps of responses - all in Italian. So not sure if they would even understand my dilemma. Plus, IT'S NOT MY FAULT!!!! Anyway. I wrote an email to customer support and am waiting for a reply.
My paypal account has been frozen due to 'unusual action' so I can't even access it and so don't know whether any money has gone from my account. But obviously, if they managed to get into my ebay account using my password, then they got into my paypal too as they were stupidly, I know, the same password.
My purse was stolen back in February and Anne-marie has my new UK debitcard so can't check my bank as I don't know the new number and my bank account internet banking has been frozen due to me putting the wrong password in and so I have been waiting all day for the UK to wake up so I can ring banks and paypal and get a reply from my ebay email asking for advice.
My life financially is pretty sucky at the moment.
Think it all stems from having my purse stolen back in Feb with my UK driving license in it - ever since then, very strange things have been happening with my hotmail account and now this.
Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. As I type. another strange Italian message has come from an ebay seller.
Am now going to mop the floors and get rid of some angst.

No comments: