Friday night was a great success for Andrew at the 'Summer Formal 2008' (High School Prom). Apparently it was the best one yet, so a fabulous way to end his time here as it was his last responsibility job of the year. Andrew wore his 'Chinese Suit' - probably would be a bit much for other UK Or Oz balls, but he looked lovely. It's funny how all the photos he has of himself at the ball are surrounded by teenage girls! Hmmmmmm. Wonder who he's more popular with?!!
It was a Hollywood theme, so, to help Andrew out a little, I'd put together a sepia slide show of past and present Oscar nominees/winners and Andrew had organised to have two huge screens placed around the ballroom that showed the pics throughout the night. Andrew also managed to slip a picture of me in it, as 'one of the stars!'.
He didn't come home too late - I actually think he was home by 2am which I was surprised at - but he chose not to go nightclubbing with the kids afterwards - maybe he's getting to old for all that lark! Or perhaps he was preparing himself for the party the next day!
On Saturday afternoon, we went up the mountain in Yang Ming Shan to a leaving party we'd been invited to, and where our friends, Greg & Laurie, were playing in their band, as well as a few other friends who play at various gigs around Taipei.
It was a brilliant party - we took Wayne along with us (see, we're looking after him, Sharon!) and though he didn't know many people, I think he had a good time. (He did creep out early though!) The house was way up in the mountains, surrounded by nothing but jungle. The house was a bit higgledly piggledy but very quaint.
We carried on singing and dancing and jamming until past midnight - I even got up and sang and the girls boogied on down for most of the night.
Andrew managed to fall over on the way up to the taxi (the driveway was a VERY steep roughly made thing, but he had had too many beers) and grazed all his arm and bruised his bum but he doesn't remember it so that's good!!
He also doesn't remember dancing cheek to cheek (well, actually, just rock and rolling, but cheek to cheek sounds better!) to a MALE colleague at school!! Ha ha! But I have photo evidence! As I have provided above!
Juliette has let me put a nappy on her for two days now, so we've had a bit of respite from having to use the mop and bucket! She doesn't like wearing them though, but she hasn't pulled them off yet.
The shippers came back with quotes - we are going with KCDAT which seems really on the ball and seems like a great deal. It means that the left over allowance will pay for the excess in our flights to the UK and onto Jakarta. Phew!!
Took my car in on Sunday to get the panels fixed which had a big dent in it from me reversing and scraping against a metal gate that swung open as I was reversing (this time last year actually, when Andrew was in hospital and I was rushing to pick up Juliette so I could feed her). Then, when it's fixed, it will be transferred over to the new owners. It was quite a sad moment to drop it off at the garage knowing I won't be driving it again. It has been a fantastic car!
No comments:
Post a Comment