Friday, June 13, 2008

Packing & Poop

Annalise is back to her normal self again today, thank the Lord!

Not much happening really - still busy packing boxes here and there - taking a very long time as I'm doing it solo. Andrew is too busy to do it and I can only do it in 10 minute stints or so, before the girls need me to be someone imaginary or play a game with them or organise an arts and crafts activity or watch them dancing or singing or telling them off etc etc etc!

Haven't heard back from the shipping companies yet - hope we hear on Monday as we'll need to get them in to pack ten days or so later!!

Had a few more people come and buy things from us - Annalise's bike went this morning at 8am (luckily before either of the girls were up, so it could be 'snuck' out before they noticed. Although I could have really done with a lie in - I have had the equivalent of about 3 hours sleep for two nights in a row now!)
As the bike went, I had a real feeling of sad nostalgia about Christmas Eve this past year when we'd finally persuaded Annalise that she had to go to sleep otherwise Santa wouldn't come and Stephen & Lauren & Dad were trying to put it together - the instructions were CRAPOLA! But Lauren was amazingly good at it and Dad soldiered on, beer in hand! Stephen, I think, gave up, but then he was the hero where the kid's Cubby & Slide were concerned! It was sad seeing it go, but, Annalise has always asked me where the bell and basket were to go with it - (it isn't that sort of bike) - so, when we get to Jakarta, we'll buy her a 'girly' bike with all the bells and whistles to make up for her loss!!

Andrew was at school late today and then came home fleetingly to get his D.J and then off to the Far Eastern Plaza Hotel for the High School Prom - it is from 6 - 1am, but he had to be there at 4.30 to help set up. I hope it goes well for him. He instigated the prom in this school with the first graduates and it's gone in 5 years from about a guest list of 70 to what was, at 4pm today, 175 people! I hope they realise just how much Andrew had done for the school.
Funnily enough, Andrew got an email from his boss (the one that's caused many problems for Andrew this year) as his son, who is in the primary school, had an induction into year 7 day this week. This is the email Andrew got from him yesterday:

"The first thing Nicolas told me tonight when I asked about his day was - ´we all loved the red haired science teacher, he was great`. Thought I would let you know, it is a great shame for me as a parent that you won´t teach the lad next year."

Huh!

Annalise, Juliette and I made a chocolate cake for Andrew for Father's day on Sunday tonight, and then I made a huge batch of chicken curry to take to a leaving party we're going to tomorrow. Andrew will be in, the earliest, about 3am as after it all finishes, he has to pack up the ballroom. It could be later, as some years he has continued onto a nightclub with the kids. Think he'll be asleep for most of tomorrow before the party. I will have to wake him at some point, though, as we have people coming to pick up the sofa, our dryer, the trampoline, the blackboard easel etc. and I will need help with getting some of the things out!

Found out the person who'd illegally accessed my ebay and paypal account and caused all the problems was based in Australia - New South Wales. Stupid git had changed my delivery address in Ebay to his own and then tried to change the address on my banking and credit card details - luckily PAYPAL froze the account when they realised that a Mrs Beck in the UK had suddenly become a Mr Medichio in Australia. I have to actually applaud PAYPAL as they were very 'on the ball' and really helpful.

My ebay account is now completely reinstated and I have been happily purchasing a few things already - Anne-marie, there will be a few packages coming before we arrive.

Juliette has refused to wear a nappy for two days straight now. (She is forced into one at night). I have resorted to pulling out the potty - which she loves to sit on but doesn't do much else in it - Oh, apart from she did one wee in it today, and she actually went for number 2 on the proper toilet yesterday. Apart from that she has wee'd in various places around our apartment and pooed on the lounge room carpet today. (She was squatting right next to the potty, which I'd put there after she kept saying 'wee wee!') I keep trying to put a nappy on and she has such a hissy fit, it's just not worth the trouble. The few times I've got one on her, it's been pulled off 20 seconds later.
Not sure if it's just a phase, or whether she is actually trying to potty train herself.
Am going to have to try to remember to sit her on the loo every hour from now on to try to save the amount of bleach I'm going through!!

No comments: